Sign in to follow this  
erniemink

PC Pitstop Optimize Problem

I use Advanced System Optimizer and have for 6 months now and love the program. It has a great broadband optimizer for DSL and cable modems. IT always works great. I bought PC Pitstop Optimize today for the 29.99 online price. I did some tests on some download games. The download speed with your program was 305 kbps and with the other program i ran afterwards it seemed to speed it up. but later I noticed that the speed during download slowed down. WHY when Comcast is the fastest even over DSL does it not gain the 6 mbps speeds? I used to have DSL and indeed it is slower than cable modem service. But does your program Optimize actually make my connection faster and fix the registry to optimize windows better than other programs and how can you prove this for me?

The 6 mbs speed offered by Comcast is not a guaranteed speed and more often than not you will not achieve this speed. In fact, you should not even consider it an average speed.

On any given day at any given time you will experience speeds ranging from 4 to 6 mbs and there may be even occasions you catch it at the right time and achieve a speed greater than 6 mbs.

I, too, have a 6 mbs Comcast service and learned long ago that the fine print of your service agreement refers to speeds "up to 6 mbs." It is still a very good service and far exceeds what my telco offers for DSL.