Sign in to follow this  
Yvonne707

Impeaching the President

Just my Posted Image worth but I think GWB is about as dumb as a rock!!!!!!! ;) He is an embarrassment to our country. I'd gladly take Bill Clinton with his own personal harem over Bush anyday!!!!!!

Well I kinda like him... :) v

Forrest Gump right? :huh:

I'd gladly take Bill Clinton with his own personal harem over Bush anyday!!!!!!

Most stressful job in the world... we should have GIVEN him a harem. :lol:

Well what I like about him is how he saved the lieutenant with no legs and helped him on the shrimp boat after the war.

WHAT ABOUT BUUBBBBAAAA!!!???

:lol:

You can't impeach somebody for being a poor speaker. He isn't dumb by any stretch but it seems that people take some pleasure in making the accusation. He sounds dumb, he looks dumb....but that means little. He became President of the United States...what have the ones who call him dumb done lately? Although one could be dumb and become President, it isn't likely.

He hasn't done anything impeachable. He hasn't lied as has been stated over and over again.

I think it's odd that people would think that refusal to testify is an implication of some kind of guilt. Clinton did testify, did lie, and was in fact guilty. So would that mean that agreeing to testify means one is guilty?

Whether or not one agrees to testify simply implies nothing about what they may or may not have done at all. The attempts by the "other side" (as they have clearly positioned themselves in spite of the best Republican efforts) to attack Bush are simply political maneuvering in the wake of their own poster boy having made a monkey of himself and failed miserably as a President, as a lawyer, as a man, as a father, and as a husband. But of course he was a good speaker so that's all cool I guess. How superficial.

The attempts by the "other side" (as they have clearly positioned themselves in spite of the best Republican efforts) to attack Bush are simply political maneuvering in the wake of their own poster boy having made a monkey of himself and failed miserably as a President, as a lawyer, as a man, as a father, and as a husband. But of course he was a good speaker so that's all cool I guess. How superficial.

If Clinton was such a failure than in the reference frame of Bill, Bush is a Category 5 natural disaster. You can't impeach a man for that, its like an act of God. :roller:

Whether he is dumb or not (and I agree he probably isn't) is not relevant to impeachability.

But to say that "He hasn't done anything impeachable. He hasn't lied as has been stated over and over again" is not knowable at this time. After all the Clinton impeachment came out of an investigation into a land deal. Lets hire an independent prosecutor and spend millions of dollars investigating where Bush's service records went and why he seems to have received an honorable discharge when there are no records that indicate he completed his service. After a few million dollars are spent who knows what impeachment charges will emerge.

Let me just add that when I hear him speak I feel like I want to crawl under a table it's so embarrassing!!!!!!!!!! :blushing:

I used to feel the same way. Now I just look at it as mildly entertaining, it merits a chuckle.....but sometimes I still cringe.

Whether he is dumb or not (and I agree he probably isn't) is not relevant to impeachability.

But to say that "He hasn't done anything impeachable. He hasn't lied as has been stated over and over again" is not knowable at this time. After all the Clinton impeachment came out of an investigation into a land deal. Lets hire an independent prosecutor and spend millions of dollars investigating where Bush's service records went and why he seems to have received an honorable discharge when there are no records that indicate he completed his service. After a few million dollars are spent who knows what impeachment charges will emerge.

True enough. Let me put it this way then: After thoroughly reviewing the subject I have seen nothing that indicates anything remotely impeachable. The accusations that I have seen made have been in direct contradiction of publicly available documentation.

Sure, who knows how much a few (tens) of millions could generate? I bet that a few (tens) of millions could make any one of us into any kind of criminal that an enemy might wish.

There may indeed be something there, but I doubt it. I don't doubt that with money thrown at it anything is possible though.

It seems to me that there are better, more productive, ways to spend my tax money right now.

Andrew Jackson was the only other impeached president, right?

Just to set the record straight, it was Andrew Johnson that faced impeachment. Also for the record: although it is correct to say Clinton and Johnson were impeached because they faced the charges, it is somewhat misleading as it implies guilt, I think. In fact, both were acquitted, Johnson by one vote and Clinton by 17. Nixon resigned under the threat of impeachment.

:)

Source.

Just to set the record straight, it was Andrew Johnson that faced impeachment.  Also for the record: although it is correct to say Clinton and Johnson were impeached because they faced the charges, it is somewhat misleading as it implies guilt, I think.  In fact, both were acquitted, Johnson by one vote and Clinton by 17.  Nixon resigned under the threat of impeachment.

Source.

Yes, Clinton did get away with it as far as the impeachment, but he in fact was and is guilty as public record clearly indicates. It simply was not enough for a successful impeachment...only enough to get him disbarred by the Supreme Court. So actually he was officially guilty as evidenced by the fact that he was disbarred, just not guilty of something that could be successfully impeachable.

That does bring me to something though. He did lie, clearly and addmittedly. He was disbarred. Yet people still pay lots of money to hear him speak? Celebrity status clearly trumps real credentials in this case as it so often does. He has lots of charisma and is well spoken and that seems to make up for a lack of credibility in the public eye. This is just another example of what I have spoken up about on so many occasions.

Bush is a poor speaker, has no charisma, a personality that is at best awkward and at worst irritating....but none of those things are impeachable or prosecutable in any way.

As far as investigating with the intent of impeaching...I just don't think it would be truly productive and believe it would merely be a political witch hunt with the intent of sabotage of the President and nothing more. I don't believe that was the case with Clinton. I think that a man of any character and integrity in those circumstances should have resigned. That puts him somehwere below Nixon in my book.

Edited by Chopdoc

Just my Posted Image worth but I think GWB is about as dumb as a rock!!!!!!! ;) He is an embarrassment to our country. I'd gladly take Bill Clinton with his own personal harem over Bush anyday!!!!!!

hey rocks have more purpose in life :geezer:

Ok.. so we have been lied to about a war that didnt really need to happen.

We have had minimal help (well South Eastern America has) with Katrina from Bush and the rest of his family until he decided to come off his vacation again.

Gas prices have risen so high that its either food, gas, or medicine for most folks.

Now, im not saying what President Clinton did was right by ANY means, but they tried to impeach him for lying about having sexual relations with an intern, but we dont have the means to try to impeach Bush?

A lie is a lie...no matter what!

Personally i would love to see them try to impeach him and it actually happen! Enough is enough of the crap us Americans have had to deal with from him. How much more could he mess up???

Just want to throw my hat into the ring here. We've caught Saddam Hussein, so why haven't we pulled our troops from Iraq yet?!?

We have gotten terrorists hittin' other places like London for instance, and Spain, and Bush needs to look over to see what's been going on over at the Gaza Strip... it probably ain't there anymore ...

Also, Bush should have signed that Kyoto treaty that's supposed to reduce emissions, but he says it was economically wasteful to sign the thing, and now we just had a hurricane run over the Big Easy and some places, and it probably took forever for FEMA to respond to that... Hurricanes are only getting stronger by the minute people! If Bush signed the Kyoto treaty, we wouldn't have that big a hurricane. Now we've gotten outrageous gas prices because of a stupid storm, now we've gotta start driving hybrid and hydrogen-powered cars. There's now probably a few electric vehicles driving down the highways... they'll be used more anyway...

If Bush signed the Kyoto treaty, we wouldn't have that big a hurricane.

How is that?

As far as pulling troops from Iraq, having the murdurous dictator in custody is not the signal for the return of the troops. I don't believe that it has ever been said to be so either, at least not by anybody in authority to say so. The reason and goals of the invasion were well outlined before it happened. People seem to ignore most of it though.

and what is it you like most about him...

He says what he is going to do ...and he does it..

And he tries to protect our Country..

Things I don't like...

Letting tooo many illegals get into the country..

and giving away toooo much money.. :woot:

ps: he's to big harted ..

I was against the lynch mob mentality against Clinton, and I am certainly against this same mentality against Bush. The founding fathers created three ways of removing a president.

1. Voting

2. No more than two terms

3. Impeachment

Politics aside, impeachment should be viewed as the most invasive of measures and viewed as a last resort. Voting is the most important way of removing certain people or idealogies from government. We should be raising the bar for what constitutes impeachment not lowering it. Furthermore, impeachment proceedings are very costly and very distracting. We are in the middle of very expensive war with no timetable on exit, and a costly restructure of the southeast due to Katrina. Let's keep our focus on what's important.

Just to set the record straight, it was Andrew Johnson that faced impeachment. Also for the record: although it is correct to say Clinton and Johnson were impeached because they faced the charges, it is somewhat misleading as it implies guilt, I think. In fact, both were acquitted, Johnson by one vote and Clinton by 17. Nixon resigned under the threat of impeachment.

Source.

Then who he heck was Andrew Jackson? Thanks for correcting me. Andrew JOHNSON... I'll remember that. B)

If Bush signed the Kyoto treaty, we wouldn't have that big a hurricane.  Now we've gotten outrageous gas prices because of a stupid storm, now we've gotta start driving hybrid and hydrogen-powered cars.  There's now probably a few electric vehicles driving down the highways... they'll be used more anyway...

:huh: Signing a document is going to keep hurricanes away?

Just want to throw my hat into the ring here. We've caught Saddam Hussein, so why haven't we pulled our troops from Iraq yet?!?

We have gotten terrorists hittin' other places like London for instance, and Spain, and Bush needs to look over to see what's been going on over at the Gaza Strip... it probably ain't there anymore ...

Also, Bush should have signed that Kyoto treaty that's supposed to reduce emissions, but he says it was economically wasteful to sign the thing, and now we just had a hurricane run over the Big Easy and some places, and it probably took forever for FEMA to respond to that... Hurricanes are only getting stronger by the minute people! If Bush signed the Kyoto treaty, we wouldn't have that big a hurricane. Now we've gotten outrageous gas prices because of a stupid storm, now we've gotta start driving hybrid and hydrogen-powered cars. There's now probably a few electric vehicles driving down the highways... they'll be used more anyway...

As much fun as it is to blame Bush for everything, he's not God. The documents he signs don't have an immediate affect on the weather.

Get real, folks. George Bush has never even made a mistake--just ask him, he'll tell you. How could there possibly be grounds for impeaching such an immaculate president?

Too big hearted? You bet, he's way too big hearted to his campaign contributors as shown by the arrest of the procurement chief at the GSA earlier this week. Seems that George's appointee was trying to help a Republican lobbyist and Bush Campaign Pioneer steal some prime DC property from the American people.

The Bush administration's top federal procurement official resigned Friday and was arrested yesterday, accused of lying and obstructing a criminal investigation into Republican lobbyist Jack Abramoff's dealings with the federal government. It was the first criminal complaint filed against a government official in the ongoing corruption probe related to Abramoff's activities in Washington.

Of course, if you don't have a few grand to drop into the Republican campaign slush fund, he doesn't come off as so big-hearted. One of his first actions in response to Katrina was to suspend competitive wage guarantees to the workers who will actually be rebuilding the afflicted Gulf Coast areas. Still, there are two sides to the coin, and Halliburton et al will view this windfall as presidential generosity.

"With a stroke of the pen, in one of his first Katrina directives, the President cut the wages of the workers who will undertake our largest reconstruction project since the Civil War."  Rep. John Dingall

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washingt...lobbyist_probe/