recommendations tagging malware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 msw

msw

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

When I run the scan programs I use are getting tagged as malware etc to auto repair... how do I stop this? I do not want them removed.

#2 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 20,911 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

Hi msw,   :wp:

Open Options in PC Matic and turn off the "Autoclean" option.

Next run a scan with PC Matic, but after the initial scan, Do Not click on the Next button at the lower right corner.

This will show the results of that last scan that you ran without making any changes.

Scroll through the entries, like High Security Threat Test and Services, etc. and click the bar associated to open.

Here, those scan results are revealed and you may white list anything that you do not wish to have quarantined or altered by any future scans.

Close the program.

Your choices will not be quarantined or altered in your next scans.

:) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

#3 dtellman

dtellman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

M INE DID THE SAME THING. NOW i HAVE LOST ALL my Icons that used to be on the desktop. it removed or *Fixed " something with Stardock.

I see no "autoclean" in options. the closest thing to it is "Auto-fix"

#4 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 20,911 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

M INE DID THE SAME THING. NOW i HAVE LOST ALL my Icons that used to be on the desktop. it removed or *Fixed " something with Stardock.

I see no "autoclean" in options. the closest thing to it is "Auto-fix"

To determine if the issue is a result of one of the changes made by PC Matic, those changes can be rolled back.

To undo the changes PC Matic made to the computer, open the program again then click the 'Options' icon, and the 'restore settings' tab.  Select a date, then click on the 'Restore' button to run the program again to undo the changes.  Once the restore completes, reboot the computer.  Repeat the process for all available dates. If that fails to correct any issue, on the keyboard hold down the Windows Logo key and the "r" key simultaneously to open the Run box.  In the Run box type "rstrui.exe" without the quotes and then hit the Enter key.  When System Restore opens, click on Next then select a restore date from there before the issue started.  Follow the prompts to complete the Windows System Restore process.

:) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users