GTX-1080 ppd output

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

Does anyone actually own a GTX-1080 who has had run it for 24 hours straight so I can get an estimate on how many ppd I can expect from each 1080? Three GTX-980 ti running at 1443 MHz yield 2.1 million ppd. If I add that to this PC running a pair of MSI GTX-980 Gaming 4G boards I can get 3 million+ ppd from both computers. I am trying to decide if the added expense of a GTX-1080 ti over a GTX-1080 at $489.99 each is worth the extra cash. Any thoughts are welcome, logical or otherwise. I'm not picky. 

Edited by Zuhl3156, 08 March 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#2 dianamite

dianamite

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

I have no idea, sorry.... just wanted to say I noticed how GREAT you are folding!! Awesome numbers!

#3 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

I have no idea, sorry.... just wanted to say I noticed how GREAT you are folding!! Awesome numbers!

Thank you and right back at you. I have to figure my budget each month then decide how much I can Fold. You keep plodding along at a steady pace that I really like. I get my Z270 motherboard and i5-7600k CPU tomorrow so I can run all three of my GTX-980 ti boards at the same time. https://www.newegg.c...N82E16813157753

I can get a fourth 980 ti for only $399.99 : http://www.evga.com/...=06G-P4-0998-RX

Or I can get 3 or 4 GTX-1080 Gaming 8G for $499.99 with a discount for the first and then $519.99 for the rest: https://www.newegg.c...Item=14-127-950

GTX-1080 ti is supposed to be a 38% performance increase over the GTX-1080 but is it really worth the extra $300.00 for the 1080 ti? I am powering down now as I fear I have reached my budget limit for the month. Once I get all three 980 ti boards installed in the Z270 motherboard I will let it run along side this PC and see if I truely get 3 million ppd output.

I will need to start unloading these extra video boards pretty soon no matter how you look at it.

#4 T.E.K.

T.E.K.

RESPECT the PIT

• Advanced Member
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

I run one 1080 24/7 and get roughly 800,000 points per day with it running at around 2000 MHz.....my average has been down a bit but when all is humming along it does pretty well.....hope that helps......that's some kind of production out of those 980's you have....I just assumed you were running a 1080 Titan or two with water blocks.... :) ....very impressive to say the least.  Please let us know what you end up doing.

Edited by caintry_boy, 09 March 2017 - 11:21 AM.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. Dr. Seuss.....
Handle was devan
Handle now T.E.K.: In memory of mother 1926-2005

#5 Guns

Guns

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:27 AM

T.E.K is your 1080 water cooled or on air? Just wondering I just bought two EVGA 1080 Hydro Copper cards and hope to get them in one of my computers someday here in the future.

We sure will miss Zuhl when that rig of his shuts down for the rest of the month.

Edited by Guns, 09 March 2017 - 07:29 AM.

Guns a warrior of the past.
"I will not tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death."

#6 dianamite

dianamite

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

shoot... reading this thread and it hit me like a brick....  paused my folding because of high winds - didn't want bad folds if the electric went out.  SO, long story short, I forgot to turn them back on again til now, lol.. 

Thank you for the compliment Zuhl...   When I have gaps between my points per day, it is cause I have stopped the cpu one from folding.  After brief detective work, I realized THAT was the one creating all the heat.  With just the 2 others running it is cooler, quieter; and usually the cpu points are the small ones so ... eh

#7 T.E.K.

T.E.K.

RESPECT the PIT

• Advanced Member
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

T.E.K is your 1080 water cooled or on air? Just wondering I just bought two EVGA 1080 Hydro Copper cards and hope to get them in one of my computers someday here in the future.

We sure will miss Zuhl when that rig of his shuts down for the rest of the month.

I'm running a Gigabyte 1080G1 on air Guns.  This past August I played the F5 game and thought I was real fortunate to have picked up a EVGA 1080FTW but it had the black screen issue with the fans spinning up as I'm sure your aware of so it had to go back to Newegg and they refunded me rather than replace it.  Made be a bit hesitant and sour to order another EVGA 1080 so I went with the Gigabyte.  Seems as if EVGA has kind of got their act together now on these cards and in the future would be willing to try another.  If I went for an FE it would definitely need a block to make the best use out of it while folding.  My pets been a bit ill lately and the vet bills adding up so I'll more than likely be sticking with the G1 for awhile though.  Temps on this Gigabyte are actually very good when running a very aggressive fan curve.....always less than 55C and usually right around 50C.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. Dr. Seuss.....
Handle was devan
Handle now T.E.K.: In memory of mother 1926-2005

#8 Guns

Guns

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

I'm running a Gigabyte 1080G1 on air Guns.  This past August I played the F5 game and thought I was real fortunate to have picked up a EVGA 1080FTW but it had the black screen issue with the fans spinning up as I'm sure your aware of so it had to go back to Newegg and they refunded me rather than replace it.  Made be a bit hesitant and sour to order another EVGA 1080 so I went with the Gigabyte.  Seems as if EVGA has kind of got their act together now on these cards and in the future would be willing to try another.  If I went for an FE it would definitely need a block to make the best use out of it while folding.  My pets been a bit ill lately and the vet bills adding up so I'll more than likely be sticking with the G1 for awhile though.  Temps on this Gigabyte are actually very good when running a very aggressive fan curve.....always less than 55C and usually right around 50C.

Those temps are very good for folding at 2000 MHz on air you did get a good card with that one. I never jump on the first thing out and as a rule wait on the Hydro Copper version which as a rule is about the last version out and pretty much bug free. I get away with that due to water cooling everything right now at around 1500 MHz on my Titans they are running at 46C each any higher overclock and they produce failed work units.

Guns a warrior of the past.
"I will not tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users