youtube video

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hoagieca

hoagieca

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

Can anyone recommend a video downloader to download and watch Youtube videos?  I'm using Windows XP.

#2 geewhiz

geewhiz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

there are probably many out there - I have used Freemake with no issues

http://www.freemake....deo_downloader/

I am what I am and that's all that I am ~ famous American philosopher 1929 - present

#3 hoagieca

hoagieca

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the fast reply, geewhiz!   Long live Texas!

#4 hoagieca

hoagieca

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

Hey Geewhiz,

I just went to Freemake support because I couldn't install the software and found out that it isn't compatible with Windows XP.  Any other suggestions?

#5 geewhiz

geewhiz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

this link for Freemake showed it supported XP. It looks like the same version # as the one in my first link so I suppose it has evolved and no longer works.

http://www.freemake.com/downloads/

XP was a good OS and was the primary MS system for a long time. But time marches on and you will likely encounter this more often than you like.

I'm not familiar with those recommended below but you'll probably find one that works just fine: Good luck!

https://www.google.c...772...........0.

I am what I am and that's all that I am ~ famous American philosopher 1929 - present

#6 hoagieca

hoagieca

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

Hey Geewhiz,

I contacted Freemake support and they confirmed they no longer support XP.  I asked them if they had a legacy XP version in their archives I could obtain - we'll see,  At any rate, thanks for your help.  I'll probably have to try one of the other links you sent.

#7 oftentired

oftentired

Dave or David would be an acceptable salutation

• Advanced Member
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

Slimbrowser includes a youtube downloader/converter. It won't work with the heavily copyrighted material but does just fine with everything else. It supports XP with an older version that is updated when needed. Your XP box should be automatically directed to it if you use the Slimjet webpage for the download. Don't go to another site like softpedia because you'll get the wrong version of Slimjet which won't work right with XP.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~Richard N. Patterson

#8 Signman

Signman

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:35 AM

No software needed! Just copy your youtube link, open a new tab on your browser, type in "www.ssyoutube.com" without the quotes and paste your copied link into the box. You will see another area open up below your pasted link with options of format and resolution to download.  Make your selection and save to computer.  No need to download installers or software. :clap:

#9 hoagieca

hoagieca

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for the info Dave and Signman.

#10 geewhiz

geewhiz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

Signman, on 16 Feb 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

No software needed! Just copy your youtube link, open a new tab on your browser, type in "www.ssyoutube.com" without the quotes and paste your copied link into the box. You will see another area open up below your pasted link with options of format and resolution to download.  Make your selection and save to computer.  No need to download installers or software. :clap:

tried your suggestion - only with a Facebook video instead of YouTube. Very easy and worked great!

Thanks!   :tup:

#11 Signman

Signman

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:27 AM

Glad I could help! :P

#12 luluhifi

luluhifi

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 2,436 posts