• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 JustinP526

JustinP526

Resident Pagan/Wiccan/Anarchist

• Advanced Member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:59 AM

I got notifications that my Google account was logged into from an unrecognized machine at 12:58 AM (central time). I know for a fact that my Google account has been logged out for hours prior. Smartphone was powered off and charging as was laptop. The notification said it was from a Windows Machine running Chrome 52.

My lappy is running OpenSUSE Linux with Chrome 55 and my smartphone is an Android running Chrome 55.

It gave an IP address from which the login occurred and running a back trace shows said IP address through Comcast (most of Illinois uses Comcast for cable modem) but the trace says it's most likely from Champaign (down state some 200+ miles).

Of course I've just changed password for the account, even changed to new phone number for notifications to come in on my new number.

Is this anything to worry about? Seems a bit suspicious to me since we'll be leaving later today for big move (headed to Oklahoma). Isn't that Chrome 52 for Windows also an older version that is outdated? A quick search showed that current version of Chrome is 55/56. Any chance this was a hack attempt?

Info I'm seeing... I'm currently in DeKalb (near NIU), there is some mention that it could be traced through DeKalb too. Seems to originate from Champaign though.

http://whoisip.ovh/50.165.81.136

Thanks a bunch if anyone has some insight to this!

A place where daylight aches.. It's all unreal to you.. A sunset calls me here.. I swear to love it's true.

Waterless like the ocean.. Drizzling like the desert.. Come emerge and wallow! Pretend like nothing at all.

How dare you not to see? My tears are gifts to you. A heart you must set free, how dare you not believe?

#2 Tx Redneck

Tx Redneck

Tx Redneck- The Spam Hunter

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 5,445 posts
  • Location:On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

If you've changed that pword, I'd change any other online accts that used that old pword and enable 2FA on your Google acct. https://www.google.com/landing/2step/

God will not save you from that which he will perfect you through. Dr Voddie Baucham
If more people would get a divorce from themselves, they might learn how to live happily with someone else.

#3 Tomk_

Tomk_

WTT Teacher

• Trusted Malware Techs
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

for what it's worth... when I run that IP I show it located near south 4th and East Lincoln Highway in Dekalb.

#4 JustinP526

JustinP526

• Advanced Member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the info guys!

4th and Lincoln Highway is downtown Dekalb, my apartment was on the outskirts about 5 miles away from that location. Seems a bit strange to me.

Oh well, I'm now gone from Illinois! Currently in St. Louis, Missouri and about half way to destination.

A place where daylight aches.. It's all unreal to you.. A sunset calls me here.. I swear to love it's true.

Waterless like the ocean.. Drizzling like the desert.. Come emerge and wallow! Pretend like nothing at all.

How dare you not to see? My tears are gifts to you. A heart you must set free, how dare you not believe?

#5 Tomk_

Tomk_

WTT Teacher

• Trusted Malware Techs
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

Have a safe rest of your trip... and good luck in Oklahoma.  If anybody gives you any trouble, perhaps you can sick Guns on them.

#6 geewhiz

geewhiz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

Tomk_, on 03 Feb 2017 - 8:25 PM, said:

Have a safe rest of your trip... and good luck in Oklahoma.  If anybody gives you any trouble, perhaps you can sick Guns on them.

I've heard that Chuck Norris is even afraid of him (Guns)   :)

I am what I am and that's all that I am ~ famous American philosopher 1929 - present

#7 JustinP526

JustinP526

• Advanced Member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:12 PM

😄
Well I'm now near Kansas City

#8 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

My new set of whiskers!

• Moderators
  • 23,801 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

Wave at Prescott on your way by...

Where in Oklahoma are you headed?

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#9 duanester

duanester

OpenSuSe Movement

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 21,785 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

Always avoid signing in twice, For example, If already logged in a browser like Chrome then are suddenly prompted to log in after navigating somewhere else, Close your Web Browser and reopen, You should still be logged on, There may be a problem.

Your OS is safe however your proprietary browser? 

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth !!
Join the next generation of computing, Open Source, and Linux/GNU!
"nvidia license taints kernel"

#10 JustinP526

JustinP526

• Advanced Member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:03 PM

Wave at Prescott on your way by...

Where in Oklahoma are you headed?

Hey no kidding, we'll pass right by there!!

We're going not far from Fort Smith, Arkansas. Basically the middle of nowhere!

#11 Tomk_

Tomk_

WTT Teacher

• Trusted Malware Techs
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:56 AM

Fort Smith is a big city.  Obviously you will be on the Oklahoma side of the line.. but even Roland or Sallisaw are fair sized towns.  It appears to me that there are alot of people living in "the middle of nowhere".

On the other hand, comparing to where you are coming from... it is certainly less crowded.  I suspect that your opinion of "there is nobody here" and my belief that "there are to many people around here" are closer together than might be expected at first glance.

#12 JustinP526

JustinP526

• Advanced Member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:50 AM

Well I heard some mention of Broken Arrow (near Tulsa) but I'm told it's literally off the grid. So basically on some private property type land with cabins... like a homestead.

#13 duanester

duanester

OpenSuSe Movement

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 21,785 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

Was at a Cafe noticed a swindler walking around around with his Phone holding it in odd directions, People were seated logging into their computers, Asked him how's it going, He said good nervously and walked out.

There are lots of ways to get information, Shysters are everywhere.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth !!
Join the next generation of computing, Open Source, and Linux/GNU!
"nvidia license taints kernel"

#14 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

My new set of whiskers!

• Moderators
  • 23,801 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

Broken Arrow will net you about the same things that Chicago/Dekalb did. There will be plenty of booze, drugs and "wild times on Saturday night". Also should find some jobs if you don't already have one, I have a friend that lives in the area and does treatment at the Cancer Center there...

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#15 JustinP526

JustinP526

• Advanced Member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

No, got laid off from work in Dekalb IL. We came down to these parts so I could start working somewhere else and live temporarily with girlfriend's dad. Well he just screwed us and said never mind after we just got here. Now we're around Alma, Arkansas and just about out of money. Might have to hustle some cash to make it back to Illinois since I was just offered a better job back in Dekalb.

Also realized that lots of my computer parts got left behind at the apartment we were kicked out of. So I'll have to save a bit to build a new rig, would like to get folding again!

#16 JustinP526

JustinP526

• Advanced Member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

Yeah, things did NOT work out in Oklahoma... so back in Illinois now. Found out roommates threw away a ton of my mail and all the computer parts I had there. So looks like I'm starting over from scratch again... just as soon as I get a new place to live and save a few paychecks from new job.

#17 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

My new set of whiskers!

• Moderators
  • 23,801 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

Keep your chin up buddy, it'll work out.

Heatware
How To Post A Test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users