• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 edgo1758

edgo1758

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:47 PM

Greetings,

I am recently having a massive issue with my internet connection on my Dell Inspiron 20 (Model 3048) running Windows 10, and my connection is with Claro PR. All other devices connected to the network is not affected.

It seems that connection is working fine for a few moments, until it then times out without loading anything and it hapens on both wired and Wi-Fi connections, and on every application that uses it including every web browser I own. The firewall is kept intact (all connections as set from factory mode), all updates and drivers are up to date, I repetitively cleansed the DNS cache as instructed elsewhere, the "hosts" file is clean, the machine is free of viruses, no changes in the hardware, there are no apps that are using great amounts of bandwidth, but the problem remains the same that I have to keep on disconnecting and reconnecting every minute and I have not done anything that would cause an adverse function on the computer.

Please let me know if there's an effective yet permanent solution to this problem in question.

Edited by edgo1758, 28 December 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#2 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 20,875 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:52 AM

:wp:

Turn your router off (unplug it). Let it set for a few minutes then turn it back on.
Wait till all lights have stopped flashing, try internet connection now.

Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.

@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.
Double click on the flush.bat file to run it. Vista and Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 ... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.

:) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

#3 edgo1758

edgo1758

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:19 AM

I forgot to mention that the "router" is the Technicolor TG582N modem

#4 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 20,875 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

That's fine, just unplug it and count to 10, then replug it back and wait for the lights to re-illuminate.

Start the computer and run through the exercise outlined previously to create and run the flush.bat file.

:) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

#5 edgo1758

edgo1758

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

As of now, I find out that the problem has returned after it was fixed yesterday. And I notice it by the browsers (Both Edge, Internet Explorer, and Chrome) facing the same issue. All other applications remain unaffected, but it happens on all accounts on this computer.

#6 edgo1758

edgo1758

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:53 PM

I request closure of this thread, as I found the problem: The DNS addresses were the culprit. Switched to OpenDNS and it worked.

#7 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

My new set of whiskers!

• Moderators
  • 24,001 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

:clap:

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users