Photo

Comodo is reporting Yontoo virus on computer. Won't go away.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FliesToASpider

FliesToASpider

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:55 AM

Comodo had a popup saying Yontoo is on my computer.  i selected clean but various instances of Yontoo would pop up every few mins.  I went to Control Panel/ Uninstall Software and nothing is there that looked odd to me.

How should I get rid of this?

Thanks.

#2 Juliet

Juliet

Advanced Member

• Trusted Malware Techs
  • 23,178 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:31 AM

Couple of tools that should help

BY4dvz9.pngAdwCleaner
  • Please download AdwCleaner and save the file to your Desktop.
    In order to use AdwCleaner, you have to agree the Eula:
  • Right-click AdwCleaner.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpg Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • Follow the prompts.
  • Click A49sxPr.pngScan.
  • Upon completion, click 6cyn5v5.pngLogfile. A log (AdwCleaner[S1].txt) will open. Briefly check the log for anything you know to be legitimate.
  • Return to AdwCleaner. Ensure anything you know to be legitimate does not have a checkmark under the corresponding tab.
  • Click MqHawIb.pngClean.
  • Follow the prompts and allow your computer to reboot.
  • After the reboot, a log (AdwCleaner[C1].txt) will open. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.
  • -- File and folder backups are made for items removed using this programme. Should a legitimate file or folder be removed (otherwise known as a 'false-positive'), simple steps can be taken to restore the item. Please do not overly concern yourself with the contents of AdwCleaner[C1].txt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware setup file to your Desktop.

OR from this location Here
    • Open mbam-setup.x.x.xxxx.exe (x represents the version #) and follow the prompts to install the programme.
    • On the Dashboard click on Update Now
    • Go to the Setting Tab
    • Under Setting go to Detection and Protection
    • Under PUP and PUM make sure both are set to show Treat Detections as Malware
    • Go to Advanced setting and make sure Automatically Quarantine Detected Items is checked
    • Then on the Dashboard click on Scan
    • Make sure to select THREAT SCAN
    • Then click on Scan
    • Note: You may see the following message, "Could not load DDA driver". Click Yes, allow your PC to reboot and continue afterwards.
    • If threats are detected, click Remove Selected. If you are prompted to reboot, click Yes.
    • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
    • Click Application Logs, followed by the first Scan Log.
    • Click Export, followed by Copy to Clipboard. Paste the log in your next reply.

Please do not PM me for HJT help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.
Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, Windows Insider MVP 2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users