• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 firekracker

firekracker

slow burn...short fuse

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 7,646 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

If it is now possible to see who is on line.....why bother with anonymous sign-in?   Just doesn't make any sense to me. 

please deleate if already answered though please show answer first :) 

#2 indy

indy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 960 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

no one is ever here anymore but if you sign in anonymously you might see yourself. :)

#3 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

My new set of whiskers!

• Moderators
  • 23,749 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:28 PM

Good to see you again sweetie! You too Indy...

Just my thoughts, but you should be able to see yourself if signed in anonymously but no one else should know that you're online, except Mods and Admin.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#4 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 20,779 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:45 AM

............  if signed in anonymously but no one else should know that you're online, except Mods and Admin.

........... and Santa Clause  :xmas_rolleyes:

Nice to see you Miss Fire and happy to see that your replies and emoticons are working again. :tup:

:) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

#5 Juliet

Juliet

Advanced Member

• Trusted Malware Techs
  • 23,178 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

I love her avatar!!
Please do not PM me for HJT help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.
Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, Windows Insider MVP 2017

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

no one is ever here anymore but if you sign in anonymously you might see yourself. :)

We must all agree with indy when there are several topics like this on a site with limited activity

requesting information about the defragger

Started by Roedy Green, 20 May 2016 and still not answered !! Looks like nobody really cares enough to answer -

#7 oftentired

oftentired

Dave or David would be an acceptable salutation

• Advanced Member
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

We must all agree with indy when there are several topics like this on a site with limited activity

requesting information about the defragger

Started by Roedy Green, 20 May 2016 and still not answered !! Looks like nobody really cares enough to answer -

I do not agree with indy. I visit every day frequently 2 or 3 times a day. For me it is not a matter of caring to answer. If I have an answer that I think will be helpful I type it in. If I don't have an answer I do my best to stop myself from making something up just to have an answer.

Now to make an answer to the OP. I don't know the original purpose behind anonymous sign on to a forum. Searching the internet didn't give me anything reliable I would post here. Any guess I would make has a counter argument of equal or greater value. So I'm not going to stick my neck out with a guess.

Edited by oftentired, 04 January 2017 - 12:35 AM.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~Richard N. Patterson

#8 shogan191

shogan191

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15,442 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:24 PM

Anonymous Sign-In allows you to see the forums and your account without others others knowing you're whereabouts. It's been a while since I've spent time on the forums but has something changed about that?

When all else fails just do what works.

#9 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

My new set of whiskers!

• Moderators
  • 23,749 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

Anonymous Sign-In allows you to see the forums and your account without others others knowing you're whereabouts. It's been a while since I've spent time on the forums but has something changed about that?

No, not to my knowledge.

p.s. good to see you Sho'!

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users