• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JustinP526

JustinP526

Resident Pagan/Wiccan/Anarchist

• Advanced Member
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

Still not yet got new laptop, so this is on the old Dell XPS M1330. It's running OpenSUSE 13.2 KDE 64 bit. It's been popping up and error message from the task manager thing where it usually shows available updates. I choose 'yes' for it to accept (then asks for root password, which I put in and press enter), but then it goes into a loop of popping up the same error every 5 minutes.

How can I fix this?

Attached Files

A place where daylight aches.. It's all unreal to you.. A sunset calls me here.. I swear to love it's true.

Waterless like the ocean.. Drizzling like the desert.. Come emerge and wallow! Pretend like nothing at all.

How dare you not to see? My tears are gifts to you. A heart you must set free, how dare you not believe?

#2 terry1966

terry1966

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 9,429 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

open a terminal, su to root and enter this command.

zypper -v up

that will find and install any updates.

if you get the same question enter "a" i think if memory serves to always trust that repo.

that i believe will update your pc while also fixing the trust relationship with that repo for the next time you have updates and use the gui to install them.

:b33r:

#3 JustinP526

JustinP526

• Advanced Member
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:36 PM

yep, that got it going. thanks very much!

A place where daylight aches.. It's all unreal to you.. A sunset calls me here.. I swear to love it's true.

Waterless like the ocean.. Drizzling like the desert.. Come emerge and wallow! Pretend like nothing at all.

How dare you not to see? My tears are gifts to you. A heart you must set free, how dare you not believe?

#4 nigsy

nigsy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:37 AM

What's the -v do?

I always run sudo zypper up without it?

The South-West Will Rise Again

Mebyon Kernow - Voice Of Cornwall

#5 terry1966

terry1966

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 9,429 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:43 AM

just means verbose, and is used to show more details of what's happening than just running a command without it.

must admit though with zypper i'm not sure what extra details it shows, but it's something i always use where possible because some commands don't show any details at all when run unless you use the verbose flag.

#6 duanester

duanester

OpenSuSe Movement

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 21,786 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

Crazy restart to install Gnome

Attached Files

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth !!
Join the next generation of computing, Open Source, and Linux/GNU!
"nvidia license taints kernel"

#7 JustinP526

JustinP526

• Advanced Member
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

Now I'm getting errors that update can't connect to medium for almost all repos.

#8 nigsy

nigsy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:09 AM

Now I'm getting errors that update can't connect to medium for almost all repos.

Are you running zypper up from terminal (as root)?

Maybe a restart might flush the issue.

Or....

Is it trying to connect to the DVD repo left over from when you installed? Check the repositorys' in YAST and uncheck the 'Enabled ' flag for any that are pointing to your DVD / C:/ drives. Delete them if that stops the issue.

The South-West Will Rise Again

Mebyon Kernow - Voice Of Cornwall

#9 JustinP526

JustinP526

• Advanced Member
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

Checked all that and it all looks good. Only 1 repo is not working now. It is for emulators.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users