Sorry. I couldn't come up with a more creative headline and that's the problem I'm having.
It has been almost a month ago that my formerly well-running computer began to lock up.
I have been using PCMatic and so I ran it and it found a virus that the support folks at PCMatic
explained as a badly downloaded file. Y kawika advised me to clear my browser cache, which I did.
For a couple of days things were fine but now it is locking up again. It doesn't matter if it is online
or not. I took it to the Pit to be scanned, have run PCMatic scans, took it to Trend's online scanner,
ran Malware Bytes, HiJack This*, Spybot S&D... Nothing is found.
If anyone has any other ideas I'd be happy to give them a try. Thanks for reading this.
*Didn't realize HJT wasn't being used anymore. Too bad. It was pretty helpful.