ATT SERVERS INFECTED WITH MALWARE.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hammerhead571

hammerhead571

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 03:04 PM

I got a call from ATT yesterday. Asking if I was having any issues. At that time they called I did not notice any problems. Today I have no access to either my email or my Account. Login credentials do not work. I get a pop up that says to call ATT to unlock my accounts.  I spoke to ATT they where unable to unlock my account. I checked my system using PC pitstop no issues found. I was told 48 hrs would be the a guess as to when they could fix my account.. It could be much longer then that.  Just wanted to see if any others are having this issue. Letting others know about this.

#2 duanester

duanester

OpenSuSe Movement

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 21,785 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:13 PM

I got a call from ATT yesterday. Asking if I was having any issues. At that time they called I did not notice any problems. 

Did ATT request your credentials at that time, what did they say about the Malware?

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth !!
Join the next generation of computing, Open Source, and Linux/GNU!
"nvidia license taints kernel"

#3 hammerhead571

hammerhead571

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

They did not say what kind or ask me for any passwords.  When I spoke to them today we tried 8x to unlock it. Passwords where reset but I could not see what the new passwords where as my email account was also locked. All they told me on the phone was malware had impacted some peoples accounts mine was 1 its been locked for security. No one could unlock it. It took them about 32hrs to fix my account. I just got a call from them its fixed.  What ever it was they now got my account working again..

Edited by hammerhead571, 17 September 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#4 Juliet

Juliet

Advanced Member

• Trusted Malware Techs
  • 23,186 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 05:50 AM

I would run some security tools, then from a known clean computer I'd change all passwords again, then reset your router.
I wouldn't do any sensitive work on the computer, like online banking or use credit cards to do any type of shopping.

I'm surprised ATT didn't tell you this?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BY4dvz9.pngAdwCleaner
  • Please download AdwCleaner and save the file to your Desktop.
    In order to use AdwCleaner, you have to agree the Eula:
  • Right-click AdwCleaner.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpg Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • Follow the prompts.
  • Click A49sxPr.pngScan.
  • Upon completion, click 6cyn5v5.pngLogfile. A log (AdwCleaner[S1].txt) will open. Briefly check the log for anything you know to be legitimate.
  • Return to AdwCleaner. Ensure anything you know to be legitimate does not have a checkmark under the corresponding tab.
  • Click MqHawIb.pngClean.
  • Follow the prompts and allow your computer to reboot.
  • After the reboot, a log (AdwCleaner[C1].txt) will open. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.
-- File and folder backups are made for items removed using this programme. Should a legitimate file or folder be removed (otherwise known as a 'false-positive'), simple steps can be taken to restore the item. Please do not overly concern yourself with the contents of AdwCleaner[C1].txt.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ky7CZ60.pngMalwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
  • Your version of MBAM is outdated. Please download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware setup file to your Desktop.
  • Please download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware setup file to your Desktop.
  • Open mbam-setup.x.x.xxxx.exe (x represents the version #) and follow the prompts to install the programme.
  • Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the Settings tab, followed by Detection and Protection and place a checkmark next to Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, ensure Threat Scan is selected and click Start Scan.
  • Note: You may see the following message, "Could not load DDA driver". Click Yes, allow your PC to reboot and continue afterwards.
  • If threats are detected, click Remove Selected. If you are prompted to reboot, click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs, followed by the first Scan Log.
  • Click Export, followed by Copy to Clipboard. Paste the log in your next reply.

Edited by Juliet, 18 September 2016 - 05:53 AM.

Please do not PM me for HJT help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.
Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, Windows Insider MVP 2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users