• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JustinP526

JustinP526

Resident Pagan/Wiccan/Anarchist

• Advanced Member
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:41 PM

I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about any longer, I've changed my password when it happened.

A few weeks ago I was going to log into my Facebook to upload some pictures for family to see. At the login screen it kept telling me that my password was wrong. Just now after about 2-3 weeks I found something on my phone showing a different phone number than my phone for the login number. I don't use a mobile number to log in or the pin key thing either.

At the time of the hack I was actually in DeKalb, IL and local area code there is 815 or 779 and I believe sometimes 847. Well the number showing was a 708 area code, which, is from Chicago. DeKalb (located in DeKalb county) is actually 2 counties west of Chicago (located in Cook county).

Traced the number as best I could and found this:

http://www.thiscaller.com/708-870-1315

The last 708 area code number I used on my phone was 680-6075, so this is clearly not my number. Yes I have since changed the number on my phone as well.

I'm guessing that the hack happened due to using an open WiFi at NIU. As of now, I most likely won't be using my phone to do anything online again. Also won't be using any more open networks either!!

Be careful out there, it can happen anywhere.

A place where daylight aches.. It's all unreal to you.. A sunset calls me here.. I swear to love it's true.

Waterless like the ocean.. Drizzling like the desert.. Come emerge and wallow! Pretend like nothing at all.

How dare you not to see? My tears are gifts to you. A heart you must set free, how dare you not believe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users