• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kaylathrailkill

kaylathrailkill

• Admins
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:47 AM

​Hello-

PC Pitstop is looking at redoing the forums webpage, but we want your feedback before we make too many changes. 

​First, we are discussing minor changes.  These would be focused on membership rewards.  This would include featuring special forums for members only, and potentially a contest for the best tip shared each month by members. 

​Secondly, we are looking at redoing the layout of the entire page.  This would mean still having the Community tab, but also adding a Membership tab.  Each tab would then have subcategories, such as:

​Windows 10

- Support

​ - Tips and Tricks

Windows 8

- Support

- Tips and Tricks

etc. 

There would also still be the categories for Networks, Viruses, etc.  Essentially we want to organize the page to make it more functional.  However, we want to be sure this is something the current users agree could be beneficial. 

Let us know what you think, and what ideas you may have to help make our forums better for our users!

#2 Rmegi7

Rmegi7

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

Are you a moderator by chance? One of my post were blocked and I don't know why. Are you able to help?  Thanks1 

i7 6950X@4.0 / GTX 1080 FE/ ISKU Keyboar / Kone XTD Mouse

64g of ram / 512 SSD/4TB Storage

27" ASUS Monitor / G35 Headset

#3 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

My new set of whiskers!

• Moderators
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:11 PM

She is an Administrator, and I will unlock your topic. Please put them in the proper place in the future.

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#4 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:22 AM

​Hello-

PC Pitstop is looking at redoing the forums webpage, but we want your feedback before we make too many changes. 

​First, we are discussing minor changes.  These would be focused on membership rewards.  This would include featuring special forums for members only, and potentially a contest for the best tip shared each month by members. 

​Secondly, we are looking at redoing the layout of the entire page.  This would mean still having the Community tab, but also adding a Membership tab.  Each tab would then have subcategories, such as:

​Windows 10

- Support

​ - Tips and Tricks

Windows 8

- Support

- Tips and Tricks

etc. 

There would also still be the categories for Networks, Viruses, etc.  Essentially we want to organize the page to make it more functional.  However, we want to be sure this is something the current users agree could be beneficial. 

Let us know what you think, and what ideas you may have to help make our forums better for our users!

How about a tab under our avatar to display our system specs. It would be a great help if we knew what hardware a member was using if they asked for help with something.

#5 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

Yeah, it's pretty, but can it go fast?

• Admins
  • 20,862 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:45 AM

Zuhl3156, on 09 Apr 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

How about a tab under our avatar to display our system specs. It would be a great help if we knew what hardware a member was using if they asked for help with something.

There is already a place for that information in the user's profile, which can be accessed by clicking on their username, as well as a place to add a link to an OverDrive test, which contains a ton of information.   Clicking on TechExpress under the avatar brings up the OverDrive results.

Attached File  profile.JPG   60.12KB   0 downloads

... avoid foolish controversies and ... strife and disputes ..., for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9 NASB

#6 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

My new set of whiskers!

• Moderators
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:19 PM

With all due respect IG, how am I supposed to input my system specs in this 1/8 in space that it gives me? Clicking the "menu" button just gives a blue square about the size of a small pea.

Attached File  System Specs.jpg   81.13KB   0 downloads

Everything else on the page seems to be fine...

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#7 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 20,780 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for pointing this out caintry.

Refresh and give it another try as I altered the setting in the ACP.

:) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

#8 D-GOCKEN

D-GOCKEN

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

​Hello-

​Windows 10

- Support

​ - Tips and Tricks

Windows 8

- Support

- Tips and Tricks

etc. 

ALL IS OK FOR NOW--PLEASE MAKE IT EASIER TO CHANGE PASS WORD--

#9 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 20,780 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:55 AM

ALL IS OK FOR NOW--PLEASE MAKE IT EASIER TO CHANGE PASS WORD--

What problem are you having with changing your password for the forums?

https://forums.pcpit...ection=lostpass

:) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users