• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ashrb18

ashrb18

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

Hi All,

In the past week or so I have come across Windows 7 Laptops and PC's having an issue with logging in to profiles. When you have inserted the password and gone to log in a black screen appears with a moveable cursor, but the task manager will not appear. On a couple of PC's it finally logs in after a period of time, others it does not, unless it would be a longer waiting process for it.

Does anybody know what the issue is and how to resolve it?

Best regards,

Ash

#2 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

The Reason For The Season

• Moderators
  • 23,654 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

If there is a desktop with black background down in the bottom right corner near the clock it will tell you that "Windows Is Not Genuine"....and a license key is needed. Other than that, I"d say right off a reinstall of Win 7 may resolve the issue.

Repair Install - Windows 7 Help Forums

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#3 ashrb18

ashrb18

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

Hi Caintry_boy,

I know for a fact it is not down to whether it is a genuine copy or not. The OS is an OEM that came with PC's and Laptop's when bought. The PC's are only a few month hold when bought, but I have noticed it has started happening with my Grandad's laptop also. Seems to be an issue going round with the look of things. From research on the internet it varies, as some people can access task manager (CTRL, ALT + DEL) and some cannot. Personally I thought it might have been from a Windows Update as I know there has been some in the past causing issues. It only seems to be when logging in to a profile it does it. There are multiple profiles on the PC's and Laptop's the admin one is fine to log in to, the alternate user seems to have the issue. 

#4 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 20,746 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:12 PM

Black Screen Of Death aka KSOD

There are different ways around it to try.

http://visihow.com/R...Screen_of_Death

My rule of thumb if I don't get it in 3 tries, then go for a repair install.

:) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

#5 ashrb18

ashrb18

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:15 AM

Sorry for not getting back in touch. I ended up just setting a new profile up and it worked for a day or two, after that it went to the black screen but took ages to load up. Now after doing nothing and just carried on using it, its fixed itself weirdly enough!

Thanks for all your help though guys!

Much appreciated.

#6 John Majka

John Majka

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

The last two times I've used PC PITSTOP on THIS computer I got the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH.

Used PC Pitstop many times on this computer & never had a problem BUT last two times I did.

Computer had been running for a while. Used PC Pitstop w/o problems & continued using the computer. Shut it down for the night. Next morning when I started it up, I got the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH WITH CURSOR.

Successfully used F8 startup to restore & repair.

Use PC Pitstop on my three other computers with no problems though.

Is there a specific virus on this computer or what?

Avast Free Antivirus says the computer is clean but...

#7 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 20,746 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

Hi John,

Sorry I didn't see your post piggy-backed on this thread.

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information and see what is going on.

You can open a ticket from here:

Please let them know which of your registered computers is having this trouble.

:) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users