• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bright boy

Bright boy

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Minimise quickly with shake

If you have multiple windows open on your desktop and things are getting too cluttered, it used to be a time-consuming process to close them all down. In Windows 7 you can use the Aero Shake feature to minimise everything in seconds, using a cool mouse gesture. Grab the title bar of the window you wish to keep open and give it a shake, and rejoice in a clear desktop area.

#2 bonzai

bonzai

?!

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Or use the short cut - 'windows key/d' which will minimize all open windows and bring you to the desktop

#3 geewhiz

geewhiz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

or click on the 'show desktop' button on the far right end of the task-bar
I am what I am and that's all that I am ~ famous American philosopher 1929 - present

#4 oftentired

oftentired

Dave or David would be an acceptable salutation

• Advanced Member
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

The Windows Shake feature seems pretty cool to me I appreciate the OP posting that. :clap:

I already know how to minimize using shortcuts and taskbar and I don't see how those two replies, which minimize every window, are the same thing since the shake leaves a window of your choice open which is way cool.
Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~Richard N. Patterson

#5 geewhiz

geewhiz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

The Windows Shake feature seems pretty cool to me I appreciate the OP posting that. :clap:

I already know how to minimize using shortcuts and taskbar and I don't see how those two replies, which minimize every window, are the same thing since the shake leaves a window of your choice open which is way cool.

You're right - oversight on my part. The shake does minimize all but the window you want kept open.

Edited by geewhiz, 29 July 2012 - 06:43 PM.

I am what I am and that's all that I am ~ famous American philosopher 1929 - present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users