Photo

How to change the background image when...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maxim_311

maxim_311

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

How do change the background image when I lock my computer? I have fast user switching turned off so I'm not talking about the user switching screen. Right now its that ugly default windows green field image all tiled. So any help is appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Shoot Me Damit

Shoot Me Damit

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 942 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:21 PM

first off do you have a picture you want as your back ground?if you don't windows has a few you can choose from. if you do right click on a empty space on your desktop, a menu will come up, select properties,click the desktop tab, to display a picture on your desktop click the picture you want to use from the list click apply or ok tab and windows will use what you pick as the background. note: you can select browse tab, and go to my pictures and select any picture you have saved there as your background if you want. there are different ways to display you picture as well under position pull down there is stretch to cover the entire desktop, tile repeats the picture until it fills the desktop.and center displays the pic. in the center of you desktop. ;)

#3 maxim_311

maxim_311

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:22 PM

first off do you have a picture you want as your back ground?if you don't windows has a few you can choose from. if you do right click on a empty space on your desktop, a menu will come up, select properties,click the desktop tab, to display a picture on your desktop click the picture you want to use from the list click apply or ok tab and windows will use what you pick as the background. note: you can select browse tab, and go to my pictures and select any picture you have saved there as your background if you want. there are different ways to display you picture as well under position pull down there is stretch to cover the entire desktop, tile repeats the picture until it fills the desktop.and center displays the pic. in the center of you desktop. ;)

I know how to set a image as my background. My question is about how to set the background image that shows up when I lock my computer?

Because when I lock my computer it doesn't use the desktop background.

#4 Shoot Me Damit

Shoot Me Damit

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 942 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:32 PM

If your are saying that the logon screen shows up because you have locked the computer when it is locked. no I do not think you can change that display. you may try a search or ask microsoft about it. if you can change that display. I do not know about it. :)

#5 bfvmg

bfvmg

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 598 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:01 AM

Why not just use the screen saver with PW enabled? does the same thing, and I believe when you ctrl-alt-delete to lock the computer, that shows up? EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. however, the background is still the desktop picture. Also, with the screen saver set, it will go that in the time specified...

Edited by bfvmg, 07 June 2005 - 06:03 AM.

The truth is true, and is not changed by disbelief or wishful thinking
The voices in my head aren't real - But they do have some good ideas!
If the truth hurts, then change the facts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users