• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 vonivo

vonivo

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:28 PM

i have outlook and outlook express i would like to set one os them up to when i click send/recieve to goto my yahoo mail account and retrieve it ive tried quite a few ways but............i this can be done please explaigin it to me like i am 5 years old so i can get it to work....oh and by the way this comp dosent use a perm like adelphia mail account

#2 Carlton

Carlton

Electric Kool-Aid

• Advanced Member
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:46 PM

http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/

If Your Not An Activist, Are You An Inactivist!

#3 COMPUTER CRASHER

COMPUTER CRASHER

Adobe CS3 Master Collection and Office 2007

• Advanced Member
  • 4,282 posts
  • Location:The Home of SUMMERFEST: The Best Music Festival in the World.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:06 PM

You will need to clarify exactly what you wish to do. If you have the full Office Outlook, then get rid of or disable the Outlook express(junk). If you wish to retrieve your mail from yaphoo(y) and all of your other E mail accts, you need to set them up pne by one in outlook. You will then have a listing (in the left column) of all of your E accts. You then click the acct which you wish to get your mail from. It will be listed in the center column and the text or body of the email will be visible in the right column in the order that you choose. You can read your mail from each acct in this manner. After you read the messages, you can either delete them, leave them on the mail server, or move or copy them to your computer into a folder/file of your choice. (there are more options if you need them). You can also confige Outlook to send mail from whichever acct you choose. Post back if you need more specifics. Your origional post was unclear.

#4 vonivo

vonivo

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:52 PM

ok i have 3 comps 1 is wireless and not a member of the networking community wifi is just for surfing and email. i would like to setup either outlookexpress or outlook to when i click on send/recieve it will goto my yahoo account and retrieve my mail. i am not a amature with comps but this is stumping me :mrsgreen:

#5 COMPUTER CRASHER

COMPUTER CRASHER

• Advanced Member
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:07 PM

You need to set up your Yahoo mail in Outlook. You do not hit the send/receive button to retrieve your mail. After Outlook is configured - to retrieve your Yahoo mail, you open Outlook. Then select yahoo from the list of all your E-mail accts in the left pane in outlook. This will get all your messages from Yahoo. If you have other E accts in Outlook, select the acct from which you wish to receive your mail in the left pane and Outlook will get it. The subject will be in the center pane and the body will be in the right pane. To configure your mail settings via outlook, go to Tools-options-mail settings. From here you can set your defaults for sending mail and other specific tasks. If you have both OE and Office outlook, get rid of OE or uninstall it. It will only conflict with your Office Outlook.

#6 BBYTech587

BBYTech587

Advanced Gamer

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:12 AM

Do you pay for preimum yahoo services? if not then you can not do it. If you do they have instructions on the yahoo webpage. They used to allow it along time ago, 3-4 years i remember becoue i too had used it like that but it became too much for them as they become popular.

http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/help

#7 COMPUTER CRASHER

COMPUTER CRASHER

• Advanced Member
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:18 AM

If you have Office Outlook, you can configure any E-mail any way you wish. You do not have to pay for any premium services. (the cost of office is high enough). Once configured, you will only need to click on Outlook for ALL your E-mail needs and never need to go to the actual site again.

#8 BBYTech587

BBYTech587

Advanced Gamer

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:33 AM

but you can not get your yahoo mail off of there server with out haveing a premium account, becouse they do not offer pop3 accounts with there free email service.

#9 vonivo

vonivo

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:46 AM

so i am picking the http server type but what is yahoo's mail server address

#10 COMPUTER CRASHER

COMPUTER CRASHER

• Advanced Member
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:09 AM

Try these steps. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next. Click POP3, and then click Next. Under User Information, do the following: In the Your Name box, type your full name the way that you want it to appear to other people. In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name, followed by @yahoo.com. Under Server Information, do the following: In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type pop.mail.yahoo.com. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type smtp.mail.yahoo.net. Under Logon Information, do the following: In the User Name box, type your user name. Do not include @yahoo.com. In the Password box, type your password. Select the Remember password check box. Note You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password check box. Having Outlook remember your password means that you won't have to type your password each time you access the account; however, it also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer. Use strong passwords that combine upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Use a strong password that you can remember so that you don't have to write it down. To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you will be prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet. Click More Settings. On the General tab, under Mail Account, type Yahoo! Mail. Click the Outgoing Server tab, and then select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box. Click Use same settings as my incoming mail server, and then click OK. Click Next, and then click Finish. Let us know if this works. :)

#11 COMPUTER CRASHER

COMPUTER CRASHER

• Advanced Member
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:31 AM

If you have an SBC Yahoo E-mail acct, try this: You can use Outlook with your SBC Yahoo! e-mail account. The following steps set up Outlook to both receive and send e-mail messages with your SBC Yahoo! account. You can receive your SBC Yahoo! e-mail messages by using Outlook from most places with an Internet connection. SBC Yahoo! also provides you access to an authenticated SMTP serveró allowing you to send e-mail messages using Outlook from your SBC Yahoo! account when you are using another Internet service, such as at your office or when traveling. Note If you are looking for information about Web browser-based Yahoo! Mail accounts, the information in this article does not apply. This article is about e-mail accounts that are included in your Internet service provider (ISP) (ISP: A business that provides access to the Internet for such things as electronic mail, chat rooms, or use of the World Wide Web. Some ISPs are multinational, offering access in many locations, while others are limited to a specific region.) service. See Outlook Help for information about Yahoo! Mail e-mail accounts. Do one of the following: Add your SBC Yahoo! e-mail account Refer to the following table to complete the information required during setup. Domain POP3 server SMTP server User name pacbell.net pop.pacbell.yahoo.com smtp.pacbell.yahoo.com memberID@pacbell.net nvbell.net pop.nvbell.yahoo.com smtp.nvbell.yahoo.com memberID@nvbell.net swbell.net pop.swbell.yahoo.com smtp.swbell.yahoo.com memberID@swbell.net sbcglobal.net pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com memberID@sbcglobal.net snet.net pop.snet.yahoo.com smtp.snet.yahoo.com memberID@snet.net ameritech.net pop.ameritech.yahoo.com smtp.ameritech.yahoo.com memberID@ameritech.net prodigy.net pop.prodigy.yahoo.com smtp.prodigy.yahoo.com memberID@prodigy.net flash.net pop.flash.yahoo.com smtp.flash.yahoo.com memberID@flash.net wans.net pop.wans.yahoo.com smtp.wans.yahoo.com memberID@wans.net On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next. Click POP3, and then click Next. Under User Information, do the following: In the Your Name box, type your full name the way that you want it to appear to other people. In the E-mail Address box, type your member ID user name, followed by the @ symbol and your domain name from the table above. Note Contact SBC Yahoo! customer service if you do not know your member ID, domain, or password. Under Server Information, do the following: In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type the POP3 server that corresponds to your domain name. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the SMTP server that corresponds to your domain name. Under Logon Information, do the following: In the User Name box, type your user ID as shown in the table above. In the Password box, type your password. Select the Remember password check box. Note You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password check box. Having Outlook remember your password means that you won't have to type your password each time you access the account; however, it also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer. Use strong passwords that combine upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Use a strong password that you can remember so that you don't have to write it down. To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you will be prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet. Click More Settings. On the General tab, under Mail Account, type SBC Yahoo!. Click the Outgoing Server tab, and then select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box. Click Use same settings as my incoming mail server, and then click OK. Click Next, and then click Finish.

#12 vonivo

vonivo

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:37 AM

it rejects the login with yahoo with my main email (adelphia) all is good but with yahoo nothing but errors

#13 COMPUTER CRASHER

COMPUTER CRASHER

• Advanced Member
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:48 AM

To be honest with you, Yahoo mail means headaches. There are ways to configure it and I'm sure we'll find a way. I have a full SBC DSL acct and I have banned all yahoo features and disabled anything that has to do with Yahoo. Everytime I have tried to use it on my system, my firewall has blocked it from opening. Yahoo always wants to D/L their software package and highjack your system and I finally set my firewall to block anything that has to do with Yahoo. If possible, I would find another E-mail service. If you must use Yahoo, we'll find another way but you also take the risk of having Yahoo corrupt any other E-mail accts on your system and cause everything to default to Yahoo.

#14 BBYTech587

BBYTech587

Advanced Gamer

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:55 AM

As i have said before, it wont work.

Yahoo! Mail disabled free access to its POP3 service o≠n 24th April, 2002.

You will have to pay to be able to download mail using outlook. And i dissagree about what you say about the mail service. I have been using yahoo mail since it came out, and i have never had to download anything to use it. No "software" package that hijacks my system or anything even remotely close to it.

#15 TimN

TimN

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:20 AM

BBYTech you are wrong. I have Outlook express and 3 yahoo email accounts (all free and set up over the last year) and I can download my email to outlook express and send emails via it too. No matter how many things you do on the Outlook end it will not work unless you first login to your web email via the net and then read very carefully. Somewhere and I cannot remember where you need to change an option to allow POP3 services. If I remember correctly to do this you have to do a survey or subsribe to emails or something like that. If you do it properly and don't tick things you would like to be notified about you never get any junk email. Works for me and many people I know.

#16 wolf88

wolf88

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:23 AM

Whoa, site redesign!

http://www.yahoo.com/

And Timn, there is no option to use pop3. Why do you think people made programs to do it with Yahoo mail?

Edited by wolf88, 03 September 2004 - 09:27 AM.

#17 vonivo

vonivo

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:42 PM

this program works great in xp http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/ but on the 2000 pro comp i need to run it on it dosent work

#18 TimN

TimN

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 07:29 AM

Wolf. I don't know but I'm doing it without any other programmes.

#19 Guest_Jbone_*

Guest_Jbone_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:11 PM

I suggest you follow this link regarding Yahoo FREE mail and Outlook compatibility...

http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/

B)

#20 BBYTech587

BBYTech587

Advanced Gamer

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:23 PM

why are you raiseing the dead? this topic has been dead for 7 months, and that link was already included in the posts above....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users