• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Private Ryan

Private Ryan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 10:24 PM

hey guy's got another problem for yas to figure out, in games my ping is in the well 100's.. which is not making me play very well. So i was wondering is there any way i can lower this to say 20-50?

My test is saying my average ping is in the 70's which it isnt in games.. so again is there some solution anyone knows or maybe some freeware that reduces my lag?

Thank's

Ryan.

Test.

Edited by Private Ryan, 19 March 2004 - 10:25 PM.

#2 merlin_

merlin_

Relax

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 10:33 PM

try finding a server with a lower ping. It all depend on other users as well. I f a 56 k user comes on it will bumb up everones ping time! Go to severs that are only for high speed connections or for those that have ping exeptions!

#3 cutloop

cutloop

To be the man, you have to beat the man

• Advanced Member
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 10:41 PM

Try disabling some background programs when playing online..

#4 Private Ryan

Private Ryan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 12:33 AM

hm ok, i got all my stuff off.. but i just played a game with every1 having ping at around 30-80 but i had 120.. whats up with that? i mean my ping times were way better on my 1.06ghz celeron, but what i'm on now is obviously way better.. there must be somthing causing this. I did contact tech support for the game and they said a bunch of stuff i already did, they also said some cable modem's have firewall's runing without me knowing so. But i called up COX and they have no firewall.. runing so i dunno, could it be the modem it's self? or the connecting wire maybe? it's like 5 years old.. more or less

#5 BBYTech587

BBYTech587

Advanced Gamer

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 12:56 AM

theres not much you can do about the ping in your case, just play on servers that are in your area and are for high-speed only. If you connect to a server in japan and your in the middle of the usa then your ping will be high. i know for counter-strike i found a server that was close to home and now thats the only one i go to. Also at lan partys you cant even get pings of 20 sometimes. try joining servers with low users in it...

#6 the_jaguar_

the_jaguar_

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 03:20 AM

i play DF2 and get pingged at around 240 , i is on 56k but i dont notice any lag ext... :lol: i would love a ping ov around 50-70 lol it sounds better than 200-250 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users