• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CowboyMike

CowboyMike

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 726 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:26 PM

I just started haven trouble with my speakers. They have static in them and do not know how to get rid of it. How do I get rid of it? Yhanks Mike

There is no such thing as a DUMB question as the person who never asks is DUMB! 

#2 Fire Fly

Fire Fly

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:30 PM

Check weather power supply is three pin or two pin.If it is three pin make sure the ground connector is ok and working.

#3 prophet1981

prophet1981

Ooohra!!!

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:31 PM

There can be a number of reasons why this is happening. 1.) your sound card might be having problems (rarely would this cause static tho) 2.) Your speakers might be goin out. 3.) Your plugin for the speakers might be wearing out. 4.) there is a short in the wires that lead to your speakers. You can shake the cord and find the problem and rewire it, or get new speakers.

#4 danielos

danielos

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 4,276 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:55 PM

I just started haven trouble with my speakers. They have static in them and do not know how to get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?
Yhanks
Mike

double the little volume icon in the corner of the screen to open volume control.Mute cdrom,midi,and line in and you should notice that the static drops alot :mrgreen:

#5 CowboyMike

CowboyMike

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 726 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 07:14 PM

I just started haven trouble with my speakers. They have static in them and do not know how to get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?
Yhanks
Mike

double the little volume icon in the corner of the screen to open volume control.Mute cdrom,midi,and line in and you should notice that the static drops alot :mrgreen:

That worked alot thanks! Now it only does it when I type or use the mouse. :shifty:

#6 Neo X1

Neo X1

Kakashi Sensei

• Advanced Member
  • 10,239 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 07:18 PM

Definitely a hardware problem if it happens when you use the mouse and keyboard - make sure everyhting is plugged in all the way, there are no bent pins, etc.

#7 leprechanmonkie

leprechanmonkie

Linux Noob

• Advanced Member
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 07:48 PM

are u using wireless speakers and a wireless mouse keyboard combo, that happened with our wireless speakers when we'd use the cordless phone, hehe

#8 CowboyMike

CowboyMike

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 726 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 08:33 PM

Well I found out the problem..........I re-installed the Driver and everything is working now! Thanks everyone! Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users