Babylon (fs)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 girly

girly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

A scheduled scan with PC Matic shows that I have Babylon(fs) but I have done various scans ie Malware Bytes, SAS, Avast and Spyhunter but nothing shows us. I don't know how I got this but is it dangerous and how do I get rid of it. I use Windows 7 64 bit and Chrome

Thanks

#2 poru

poru

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

You might want to try adwcleaner, a lightweight program that worked well for me in cleaning out some Babylon remnants I was unaware I had. Find it at several download sites. when you "run" it scans and give you a report (in my case, via Notepad). "Delete" will immediately reboot (save or close any work beforehand, of course), doing it's thing. You get a further report after the dust settles. If memory serves me, this  tool was suggested by Jacee (I can't find the thread, sorry). [ed.] Found it: April 23. Check it out for a detailed run-through.

Edited by poru, 21 June 2013 - 04:09 PM.

reality is that which, when we stop believing in it, does not go away. --Phillip K. Dick

#3 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

Folding for Mama and Daddy

• Moderators
  • 21,609 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Here's a link to AdWareCleaner > http://www.bleepingc...oad/adwcleaner/

and instructions to follow:

1.Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application. 2.Click on Delete button. 3.Confirm each time with OK. 4.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.

Note: You can find the logfile at C:AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Let us know how it goes...

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users