Babylon (fs)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 girly

girly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

A scheduled scan with PC Matic shows that I have Babylon(fs) but I have done various scans ie Malware Bytes, SAS, Avast and Spyhunter but nothing shows us. I don't know how I got this but is it dangerous and how do I get rid of it. I use Windows 7 64 bit and Chrome

Thanks

#2 poru

poru

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

You might want to try adwcleaner, a lightweight program that worked well for me in cleaning out some Babylon remnants I was unaware I had. Find it at several download sites. when you "run" it scans and give you a report (in my case, via Notepad). "Delete" will immediately reboot (save or close any work beforehand, of course), doing it's thing. You get a further report after the dust settles. If memory serves me, this  tool was suggested by Jacee (I can't find the thread, sorry). [ed.] Found it: April 23. Check it out for a detailed run-through.

Edited by poru, 21 June 2013 - 04:09 PM.

reality is that which, when we stop believing in it, does not go away. --Phillip K. Dick

#3 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

Folding for Mama and Daddy

• Moderators
  • 21,102 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Here's a link to AdWareCleaner > http://www.bleepingc...oad/adwcleaner/

and instructions to follow:

1.Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application. 2.Click on Delete button. 3.Confirm each time with OK. 4.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.

Note: You can find the logfile at C:AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Let us know how it goes...

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Isaiah 6 v5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users