• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joestpaul

joestpaul

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

Hi,

I'm using cdburnerxp program to copy a windows xp professional sp 3 file that I copied from the original disk and saved it on my computer. The windows xp pro file name is VRMHOEM_EN is saved in a desktop folder. I'm using windows 7 home premium as my os and the disks I'm using to copy the file are Sony CD -R that are brand new,

Sony Disc's

80 Min

700 MB info

1 X 48

I've tried 3 disc and I get the following error when I try to copy the file to a CD-R disc

Exception From HRESULT: 0x80040275 

Burning error occurred

an error occurred while burning the disc, most likely the disc is not usable usually, these errors happen if the inserted media is not compatable to the drive or of poor quality

I did check google for the error and one thing I found is that my dvd rw drive could be going out or bad, but I have inserted other cd's disc's with files on them and my dvd rw reads them fine.

Maybe the windows xp professional disc that I copied from is bad 

Is this error caused because I'm trying to make a windows xp professional while using windows 7 home premium software?

#2 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

Folding for Mama and Daddy

• Moderators
  • 21,693 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

I think the problem is that you can't copy the disk over to your hard drive and then just burn the copy. You have to put all the files in one folder, make sure you have the necessary "boot" file and then make an .iso file out of all of it, then burn to cd.

I use ImgBurn > http://www.majorgeek...Burn_d4870.html

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#3 joestpaul

joestpaul

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think the problem is that you can't copy the disk over to your hard drive and then just burn the copy. You have to put all the files in one folder, make sure you have the necessary "boot" file and then make an .iso file out of all of it, then burn to cd.

I use ImgBurn > http://www.majorgeek...Burn_d4870.html

:geezer:

The file VRMHOEM_EN that I copied to a desktop folder has all the other fileswithin the file. I didn't put all the files scattered around the folder, I kept the original tree form.

I don't know what necessary boot file that your referring to to make an ISO file. I'm new at this when it comes to ISO files. I have copied many windows operating systems to discs through the years but I have only did one ISO file. The ISO file was in the same folder as the ISO burner program and the program did all the work when I created a dos killdisk boot disc.

What is the name of the file that I create the ISO file from?

Does imgburn allow me to create data file discs and burn cd's and dvd's or data and music?

Edited by joestpaul, 10 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#4 MaxxFordham

MaxxFordham

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

...Sony disc's...

...cd's disc's...

Well, one thing *I* was wondering was... what are the errant apostrophes there for (inserted into things that they don't belong in)?

Happy Memorial Day,

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users