• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scoobeedooo

Scoobeedooo

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

Hi...I am in need of some help!

Ever since the new year, I have been unable to print coupons from bricks.coupons.com or coupons.com I have never had a problem until now. The reason I decided to come here to try to figure it out, is because one of the suggestions made by Customer Support at Coupons.com talks about adding the coupon websites to my whitelist, but I can't figure out how to do it...

Whenever I try to print, coupons.com keeps saying that I need to install the software, but it is already installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and the Coupons software after using the Revo Uninstaller to completely clean stuff up before reinstalling them. I also did the same thing with Internet Explorer and downgraded to Internet Explorer 7 because I thought version 8 might be causing problems. My computer is a 2002 Dell Dimension DIM3000 Intel R Celeron R CPU 2.40GHz 2.39GHz 2.00GHz of Ram and I am running Windows XP...This computer and version of Windows is old and outdated, but they work good enough for me and it is pretty fast thanks to your PC Pitstop programs.

Below is a copy of the email that they sent me...

Dear Jennifer Depner,

Thanks for contacting Customer Support. Your coupon printer plugins may have been disabled on your browser. An install loop occurs when the coupon printer is not installing properly. Please follow these steps to enable your plugins and for your system to recognize the installed coupon printer

Windows 8 Metro Mode:
If you have recently upgraded to Windows 8, you will not be able to print coupons from our site across all browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) while operating in Metro mode . Coupon printer uses an Active X control that has been disabled by Microsoft in Windows 8 Metro Mode. To print your coupons in Windows 8, you will need to visit our site from a browser opened in Windows 8 Classic mode. To switch to Classic Mode in Window 8, navigate back to your Desktop Tile and launch the browser of your choice as you normally would.

Internet Explorer:
1) Go to Tools -> Manage Add-ons
2) Under "Toolbars and Extensions", select "Show: All Add-ons"
3) The extension named "cpbrkpie Control" listed under the publisher "Coupons, Inc." should be enabled.

It may be that your ActiveX control for the Coupon Printer was disabled during the installation.

1) Please look for the ActiveX bar (also called the Windows Information Bar) across the top of the page.
2) You may be prompted with this message: “The previous webpage might require the following add-on: ‘Couponprinter.ocx’ from ‘Coupons Inc.”. Click here to allow it to run...”
3) Click on the bar and select “Install ActiveX”. This will allow the Coupon Printer in Internet Explorer to print coupons.

Firefox:
1) Click "Tools" and select "Add-ons"
2) Under "Plugins" both plugins for "Coupons, Inc." should be enabled.

Safari:
1) Click the Safari menu and select "Preferences"
2) Under the "Security" icon, make sure "Enable plug-ins" is checked

Your antivirus software may also be preventing you from installing the coupon printer. You can safely “whitelist” our plugin if your anti-virus software has the option to, or you can disable its active protection to install the coupon printer. Once you’ve done so turn active protection back on. Your program may require that you also add our domain (http://bricks.coupons.com) to the website "exceptions" or "whitelist" to successfully print.

If you are trying to print coupons at work, library, Internet cafe, or university, you may not have administrative permissions required to download and install programs onto the computer you are using. This may be true even if you've downloaded and installed other files or programs onto this computer. If attempting to print coupons from a shared computing environment, please contact your network administrator for more information. If you have a home computer, you may find it easier to access and print our coupons there.

Thank you for contacting us about this issue, we value your feedback. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply to this message so that we may further assist you.

Customer Support
Coupons.com, Incorporated

[ref:_00D305s0J._50060NZiqx:ref]

I have tried all of the above suggestions that applied to my version of windows not to mention a host of other suggestions from other help forums on couponing sites. Since it won't work from either computer, I am puzzled as to why, all the sudden, I can't print from this printer when I had been using it for close to a year with no coupon printing problems. I can print anything else from any program or off of any webpage, just not Coupons.com/Bricks coupons. I can even print
smartsource coupons which are Java based I believe. I have both Chrome, which I use almost exclusively, and Internet Explorer which my husband prefers. I have tried to print coupons from both browsers to no avail. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely, Jennifer

#2 Matt Marz

Matt Marz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

having the same issue across all browers (IE, chrome and firefox). when i press print it crashes.

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,826 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Is your anti-virus blocking the action?

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

#4 Matt Marz

Matt Marz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Nope not blocking it. turned off AVG and still does not work across all browsers

#5 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 20,097 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

See if Derek's post here helps:

Problems printing Bricks coupons? This may fix your problem!

So, everyone uses different browsers, from IE to FireFox to Safari.

Sometimes people paste Coupons.com/Bricks links that they recieved in FireFox, which do not work in Internet Explorer or vice versa. You get the "Please wait..." or "Please Install The Coupon Printer" even if you already did.

This trick will allow you to simply change 2 characters in the URL to make a FireFox link work in Internet Explorer and vice versa

Here's how easy it is, the following is a FireFox link:
hxxp://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=ri3peuo59687503&bt=wg&o=53740&ci=1&c=GM&p=TyQrvJAY

note the "wg" in the URL. This link gives the repeating Please Install The Coupon Printer in Internet Explorer.

To make that link an Internet Explorer link we simply change "wg" to "wi" OR "vi" (in this case, both variations work, other coupons it may be wi or vi, trial and error):
hxxp://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=ri3peuo59687503&bt=wi&o=53740&ci=1&c=GM&p=TyQrvJAY
or
hxxp://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=ri3peuo59687503&bt=vi&o=53740&ci=1&c=GM&p=TyQrvJAY

UPDATE: If you want to print Bricks coupons on a MAC with Safari, replace the "wg", "wi", or "vi" to "xs". You can also do the reverse, take a Safari link "xs" to IE "wi" or "vi" or to FireFox "wg".

You do the opposite if you want to print an Internet Explorer link in FireFox!

-Derek-

PS. I changed http to hxxp so you guys can see the full URL without the forum code making it a clickable link.

http://slickdeals.ne...ix-your-problem

:) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users