DNS SERVER

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rfoster300

rfoster300

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

My laptop DNS Server has stopped working. The message I get is DNS Server isn't responding. Need help with the repair. (Windows 7 and has been working properly for over a year, in fact I have never had this problem)... Thanks for your help..

#2 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

Folding for Mama and Daddy

• Moderators
  • 21,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Try using OpenDNS > http://askbobrankin....is_opendns.html

P.S. moving to Network and Internet forum...

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#3 TomGL2

TomGL2

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

My laptop DNS Server has stopped working.

The DNS server is a service provided by your ISP. While there's likely nothing wrong with your laptop, you might want to open Services.msc, then restart the DNS Client, or just stop it.

Conventional DNS servers are widely available. I use Google's servers (8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8), and have used those from Speakeasy, NTT Communications, and Level 3 Communications; they're all quick and reliable. OpenDNS is just as reliable, in my experience, but provides additional features for safer browsing, which you should learn about.

To use OpenDNS, ignore their Web site content and just set these addresses — 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. You do not need to sign up for a service or provide any information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users