• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Froggiez

Froggiez

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

I have a HP Laptop, I replaced the hard drive due to my last error (dont remember it but its doing more now than it was) only now it wont completely boot up, I ran a Hard Drive Self Test and it passed, I get the following errow when I turn it on: PXE-E61, medai failure, check cables I reset defaults but it still wont boot up, and the only CD I have for it is a Driver Recovery CD, is this a lost cause or is there anything I can do??? Please help I am trying to get this up and running for my daughter to use in college since I cant afford a new one :(

#2 Joe C

Joe C

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

It does not sound like the laptop is recognizing the drive. can you access your bios and see if the drive is listed in it? Is this a new hard drive?

#3 Froggiez

Froggiez

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

it is a new hard drive, how do I check to see if it is there???

#4 Froggiez

Froggiez

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

when I go into bios this is what i see product name notebook model processor type processor speed bios revision language internal hard disk memory F2 delay UMA video Serial # Service ID UUID Mac Address

#5 Joe C

Joe C

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Accessing the bios is different for each manufacture and even from one model to the next of the same manufacture, but most of the time you can get into the bios by tapping either the F1, F2 or Del key when you first start your pc before windows starts to boot what brand and model number is the laptop and what brand/model is the new hard drive? what software did you use to for the hard drive self test?

#6 Froggiez

Froggiez

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Hewlett-Packard Pavilion ze4800 (PF176UA) I bought the same kind that was in it a Toshiba MK3025GAS I ran the test in the Tools under Bios Hard Drive Self Test Its not reading the hard drive though

#7 Joe C

Joe C

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

You stated in your first post that the drive passed the self test and now in post #6 it's not reading the drive now? where did you manage to find a 30gb ide drive ? I did not know they still made 30gb hard drives

Edited by Joe C, 08 April 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#8 Froggiez

Froggiez

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

I ordered it online at Santech Network Solutions... I ran the self test it said it passed but I dont see toshiba listed anywhere in the bios

#9 Joe C

Joe C

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

If you go to the boot order in the bios, make sure that the cd drive is the first device and the second device in that order should be the Toshiba hard drive. Boot from lan should be disabled or set as the last device in the boot order

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users