Suddenly my computer won't connect to the Internet

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

In the middle of checking my email yesterday my Internet connection was lost. My motel and router are working and I have reset both and my computer many times and tried to restore my computer from a backup point when it was working it still won't connect. When I go to the Internet connections menu it says it plugged into home network but home network is not hooked up to the Internet I did scans and looked into all drives and devices and they are all working properly. Even ran cmd to check ip and hook up and all my Ethernet connections were changed to tunnel connections and the devices were disabled ...how do I fix this and get my net back?

#2 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

Folding for Mama and Daddy

• Moderators
  • 21,192 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

Which version of Windows are you running? (XP, Win7, Vista, etc...) :geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Isaiah 6 v5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

#3 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Windows 7

#4 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

• Moderators
  • 21,192 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Go to Control Panel/Network and Internet/Internet Options and click on the Connections tab and go down to LAN Settings, make sure that "Automatically Detect Settings" is checked. While in Network and Internet click on Network and Sharing Center, now on the left click on Change Adapter Settings and make certain that your connection is enabled. See if any of this helps... :geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Isaiah 6 v5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

#5 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Yes automatically detect settings is on and in the network settings my connection is now an unidentified. Network .....the media state is enabled but the ipv4 and ipv6 co nectivity are both no Internet access

#6 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

Now they say no network access

#7 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Now back to no Internet access

#8 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Anyone?? I have no idea what to do, I have a windows 7 disk could I even erase my drive and reinstall windows? Will that fix it? And how do I do that?

#9 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

• Moderators
  • 21,192 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Well, lets do this...go to Start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and click on Device Manager. Locate the network controller/adapter and right click it, selecct "Uninstall" then click OK. Reboot and let Windows reinstall it. :geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test

#10 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

Before I remove it how will I b able to download it again with no net access?

#11 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Also when windows firsts loads I get 3 error messages for this uniblue registry booster when I try and open the program it fails and when I try and remove it from my computer it says files missing and cannot in install could this be doing something ?

#12 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

• Moderators
  • 21,192 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

When you click "Uninstall" there will be a small box asking you if you want to "Delete drivers also", make certain that it is NOT checked so that the drivers stay installed. That way all you're uninstalling is the network controller. On reboot Windows 7 should "find" it and reinstall it automatically. ;) :geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test

#13 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Ok I tried that and windows successfully installed a new network but it's still the same thing an x between the. Network and the web, when I by pass the router it's an. Between the net and the pc ....

#14 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

It sounds to me like the modem took a dive. With the computer hard-wired into the modem, shut down the computer. Unplug the modem and count to ten. Plug the modem back in and wait for the lights to all illuminate as they should. Boot up the computer. If you still do not have internet access, call your ISP and tell them of your trouble and ask if they are able to "ping" your modem. Let us know how you fair. :tup: :) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

#15 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

My motem and Internet are fine it's the pc...I have done that, and everything. Else booked up to it like the iPods still work, ( how I am able to be on this site)

#16 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

It is defn. It the Internet it's self or the router or the motem it's the of everything else has. Checked out

#17 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,700 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

Do you Have Bonjour installed? If so, uninstall it!

Next, Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.

@Echo on
pushdwindowssystem32driversetc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.
Double click on the flush.bat file to run it.Vista and Windows 7... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.

Let us know if this has 'fixed' your Internet connection.

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

#18 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

No its still doing the same thing

#19 Missohmygod

Missohmygod

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

If I wipe my hard drive and put windows back on will that give me my connection back? I put in my windows disk now I have a new windows and an old windows and still no net will that work and how do I do that?

#20 Y kawika

Y kawika

Anti-Spyware Brigade

• Admins
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Have you tried Safe Mode with Networking? Tap F8 at start up, choose Safe mode with Networking. Also worth trying since you have a Windows 7 disk, is running sfc /scannow. Put your disk in the tray and close it if it autostarts. Go to Start and type cmd At the top you'll see the command console icon. Right click it and choose: "Run as Administrator" At the prompt, type: sfc /scannow Hit the Enter key and let it run. :) Y

Y kawika's Computers and Stuff

Post When You Want and Help When You Can..........Y

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users