Use the Windows computer without a keyboard or mouse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lizardo_manson

lizardo_manson

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

Sometimes your mouse or keyboard may fail or simple don't have at the moment. you can try this to use the computer without them.

http://www.thewindow...-keyboard-mouse

Thanks to Anankd, TWC

Edited by lizardo_manson, 01 December 2011 - 07:00 AM.

#2 flyfishingrules2

flyfishingrules2

The great fish eat the small. A. Barclay 1509

• Advanced Member
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Link is broken, lizardo. :)

"...to fish fine and far off is the first and principal rule for trout angling." ~Charles Cotton (around 1674)

#3 Bruce

Bruce

Geezer

• Grand Poobah
  • 42,524 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

http://www.thewindow...-keyboard-mouse http://windows.micro...e-input-devices

http://itsyourpc.org

Microsoft blew its right foot off with Windows 8.
They went to the doctor to get it reattached with Windows 8.1 only to wake up to find out that a second left foot was attached in place.

#4 lizardo_manson

lizardo_manson

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:00 AM

thanks and sorry for the delay, never got the message to inbox that someone reply to the topic. Fixed.

#5 Ky Colonel

Ky Colonel

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

:woot: All this information is good, but useless if you can't get into the computer in the first place.. Had a friend that had this happen. The computer came on, but mouse and keyboard was not usable, I told him to replace both with his spares..... he did, but with the same results. So how can one get to the system restore without a keyboard and mouse? Don't tell me to start in safe mode, can't do that without a keyboard.. And he didn't have the system repair disks.. Any suggestions?

#6 EssexBiker

EssexBiker

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

:woot: All this information is good, but useless if you can't get into the computer in the first place..
Had a friend that had this happen. The computer came on, but mouse and keyboard was not usable,
I told him to replace both with his spares..... he did, but with the same results. So how can one get to the
system restore without a keyboard and mouse? Don't tell me to start in safe mode, can't do that without a
keyboard.. And he didn't have the system repair disks..
Any suggestions?

Every PC user should create and keep a system repair disk handy! Another tip for just this kind of situation is to set and leave your first boot option in the BIOS to CD rom. This way, whenever you need to boot from a system repair disk or spyware removal disk, Windows will boot from the inserted CD without any keyboard input. However, I must admit that I still don't know how you would select a repair option from the menu without a keyboard or mouse? Note to self: it might be a good idea to research this in case it happens to me one day B)

OK. I have instantly researched this problem and the best solution I have found is if you have aPS/2 port on your PC, try plugging in a PS/2 mouse and see if that works. If it does, you can then press F8 or whichever function key your PC uses to access repair options and the usethe PS/2 mouse to select a repair option. If you do not have a PS/2 port on your PC, these can be obtained for next to nothing on eBay or can be purchased from a local PC store if it is needed urgently. Then you would have to install the new PS/2 card, plug in your PS/2 mouse and press F8 or whatever to access your repair options :)

Edited by EssexBiker, 14 February 2012 - 10:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users