• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,725 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

This program is wonderful! Use it and then see what Ccleaner finds afterwords...

This is my TFC 'clean-up' ( captured pic below)

TFC by Old Timer http://www.geekstogo...er-file187.html and save it to your desktop.

Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista/Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB). Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running apps. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.

TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail. TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

Download TFC by Old Timer from here (direct download): http://www.itxassoci...T-Tools/TFC.exe

Attached Files

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

#2 Tx Redneck

Tx Redneck

Tx Redneck- The Spam Hunter

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 5,288 posts
  • Location:On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

But what about DNS, Java, Flash...?

God will not save you from that which he will perfect you through. Dr Voddie Baucham
If more people would get a divorce from themselves, they might learn how to live happily with someone else.

#3 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

Folding for Mama and Daddy

• Moderators
  • 21,387 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

But what about DNS, Java, Flash...?

Well I just ran it and it cleaned 231Mb of .tmp files from my rig. Cleans Java too, I saw it go by >>>>>
Thanks Jacee!!

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#4 johnkon32

johnkon32

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

Thank you very much for posting, I will definetely use it on my Windows Machine.

generics wildcard

Edited by johnkon32, 06 December 2011 - 05:03 AM.

#5 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

• Moderators
  • 21,387 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

Jacee, does it create a log anywhere?? Just curious... :geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#6 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,725 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

Not that I know of. Posted Image

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

#7 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

• Moderators
  • 21,387 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

I was only asking because I ran it on my main rig and it cleaned over 11xxMb of stuff and wanted a reboot. Without thinking I clicked on the O.K. and never looked at what was cleaned... :rolleyes: :geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test

#8 leushino

leushino

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

I thought PCMatic did this (cleaned temp files) during its scan. What is the point of adding this temp file cleaner to my system?

#9 DrMcWheels

DrMcWheels

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

Sounds like a handy program, I'll have to check that out, thank you. I have been using "Empty Temp Folders 2.8.3:" a free shareware program from www.danish-sharewarre.dk/soft/emptemp/ It is highly configurable, will optionally clean history, cookies, and even allow you to isolate an exclusive list of cookies you want to keep. It can run at startup and terminate or stay resident, (your choice), and run easily on Win 7/64 with a simple click. I like that it allows you to use the default folder selection or you can define any folders you want it to look at.
:)

#10 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

• Moderators
  • 21,387 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

I thought PCMatic did this (cleaned temp files) during its scan. What is the point of adding this temp file cleaner to my system?

Essentially none. TFC may be more thorough tho'...

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users