Photo

Microsoft Security Essentials Not Working!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gamernewb

gamernewb

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

no idea why but when i started up my computer this morning my windows defender was saying i had no virus protection. i went to my MSE and it wouldnt let me open. all it said was, "the item 'msseces.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?" i tried it right from the program files and still the same thing shows. i had also tried to uninstall it but it tells me, "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'mp_ambits.msi' in box below." i have tried the folder t gives me and the actual file itself, i have the file because i have clicked it right from the same source and folder and have tried to change it to that file, still does not work. i have tried to install MSE from there site and the same thing appears when i go to install the software. if anyone could help me with my problem, much thanks will be appreciated!

#2 BigBadBart25

BigBadBart25

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

I think you have been nom nom nom by a bug that slipped past it. Go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ And run their scan, and see if it finds your bug. If it deletes it, you may be able to fix your MSE problem

Thanks

Jeff

#3 gamernewb

gamernewb

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

yeah i think so too. i am currently running a scan, thank you. so far no threats. hoping this works and i will let you know as soon as itz done, thanks again =]

#4 gamernewb

gamernewb

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

nope, it said no threats were detected...any other options?

#5 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,749 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

Go into 'services' (type services.msc in run-- > ok), and disable Windows Defender by right clicking on Properties, and clicking on the drop down menu. Also, click on "stop".

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

#6 gamernewb

gamernewb

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:17 AM

Go into 'services' (type services.msc in run-- > ok), and disable Windows Defender by right clicking on Properties, and clicking on the drop down menu. Also, click on "stop".

just tried it, and i enabled my new virus protection that i had got, and now this one isnt starting either, it just keeps saying the program has stopped running

#7 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,749 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop
http://www.softpedia...i-Malware.shtml
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users