Supershield Problems?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teamkaley

teamkaley

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

So i installed supershield and ran a scan, now SS is telling me that Ventrilo is unsafe and i can't open it...then it said the weather channel was unsafe and deleted it....by the way..ventrilo is a device us gamers use to talk online while playing games...and how can the weather channel be unsafe?

#2 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

Yeah, it's pretty, but can it go fast?

• Admins
  • 20,077 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

To exclude Weather Channel from the malware scan, please reinstall the Weather Channel program, then follow these steps to add it to the malware White List: 1) Open PC Matic 2) Click on the Options gear, then click on Scan Options 3) Verify that Auto Fix is set to Off. If it is not, change it to Off and click on the Save Button 4) Close the Options window and run a scan 5) From the scan results page before the clean-up, click on the red rectangle under the malware scan high-level threats 6) Find the Weather Channel process and add a check mark to the box under the heading White List. For ventrilo you can right-click on the green shield icon in the lower right corner of the screen by the clock and either change the Protection Level to minimal to turn off Super Shield and just leave the Real Time protection running, or you can change to SuperShield Advanced Mode, open the program in question again, and add the programs to your "Always Allow" list, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the "Always Block" list to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.

... avoid foolish controversies and ... strife and disputes ..., for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9 NASB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users