I Can't Remove A Program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ELSOL102

ELSOL102

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:01 AM

I did a clean install of Windows system. Now I can't remove Norton 2006 it says I need an administrator acct with Norton. This means I cannot install Anti Spy Doctor with Antivirus. I used safeboot program to try again and it did not let me remove the program. Why can't I remove this? It came with the computer which I bought on the last day just as Vista came out!

#2 ELSOL102

ELSOL102

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

I just tried it again it says "A Norton INternet Security account with supervisor access must be logged in to uninstall this product. If Norton Internet Security is not running click the Start menu, select Norton Internet Security and log in. Setup will now exit. For further assistance please type in the following URL into your browser. www.symantec.com/uninstall I reloaded my Windows 3 times and this is the first time I could not remove this program. I will go to this web site and see what it says. I have done scans and they come clean except for Iran Spybot and it said I have Wild Tangent Pups. I was pretty careful so what is this Wild Tangent?

#3 ELSOL102

ELSOL102

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:18 AM

I just tried it again it says "A Norton INternet Security account with supervisor access must be logged in to uninstall this product. If Norton Internet Security is not running click the Start menu, select Norton Internet Security and log in. Setup will now exit. For further assistance please type in the following URL into your browser. www.symantec.com/uninstall I reloaded my Windows 3 times and this is the first time I could not remove this program. I will go to this web site and see what it says. I have done scans and they come clean except for Iran Spybot and it said I have Wild Tangent Pups. I was pretty careful so what is this Wild Tangent?

#4 ELSOL102

ELSOL102

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:19 AM

I just tried it again it says "A Norton INternet Security account with supervisor access must be logged in to uninstall this product. If Norton Internet Security is not running click the Start menu, select Norton Internet Security and log in. Setup will now exit. For further assistance please type in the following URL into your browser. &nbsp;www.symantec.com/uninstall<div><br></div><div>I reloaded my Windows 3 times and this is the first time I could not remove this program. I will go to this web site and see what it says.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>I have done scans and they come clean except for Iran Spybot and it said I have Wild Tangent Pups. I was pretty careful so what is this Wild Tangent?<br><br></div>

#5 nigsy

nigsy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

When you say you've relaoded windows 3 times....are you referring to just rebooting the machine or actually doing a clean install??

Get the Norton removal Tool here

Norton removal Tool

Then install your other solution.

Check here for info relating to your other problem:

Wildtangent

Also, you don't need to post something 4 times in the space of 10 minutes!!
You won't get help any quicker, no matter how frustrating the problem :geezer:

Edited by nigsy, 06 April 2011 - 07:53 AM.

The South-West Will Rise Again

Mebyon Kernow - Voice Of Cornwall

#6 badboy1

badboy1

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

Download revo uninstaller from cnet.com . That will take care of the problem as this is a very powerfull uninstaller. I have used it many times for hard to uninstall software, It works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users