Potential Virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 girly

girly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:31 AM

My hard drive runs constantly and I wondered if I had a virus somewhere. I have done various scans with PC Matic, Malaware Bytes, AVG, and on line Trend House Call. I also have Microsoft Security Essentials switched to real time protection. Any help appreciated.

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,736 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

You're going to have to give more information than that to go on.
Any malware found?
Your System specifications?
When did this start happening?

What do you mean by this? " I also have Microsoft Security Essentials switched to real time protection"
Are you running another Antivirus along with MSE?

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

#3 girly

girly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

I have Windows 7 32 bit AMD Penom™ IIx2 550 Processor 3 GB Ram MSE has the option to turn off real time protection and no malware has been found on any scans. This has been happening for about 2 weeks. The computer will not sleep either. I have it set to sleep after 5 mins when not using it but display turns off but HD doesn't and then display comes back on. e I have disabled everything in power management which wakes up PC and network adaptor in Device Manager but makes no difference. I thought a virus maybe causing the problem. I am not using another anti virus program apart from MSE and have even turned it off to see if problem continues which it does.

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,736 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

Let's see if Eset shows any signs of malware.

• Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Push the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

#5 girly

girly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:44 AM

Run scan, nothing found

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users