Supershield, New Features?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nrostgaard

nrostgaard

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

Hi I was just prompted for an update to RT-Protection. Now it's called SuperShield and there is som new features for protection level. What is that about? What is new and how do I manage it?

#2 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

Yeah, it's pretty, but can it go fast?

• Admins
  • 20,120 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

SuperShield is a new free add-on to further enhance the computer's protection. It works in conjunction with the PC Matic Real Time component. SuperShield will block any program that is not on the "known good" white list. PC MaticRT blocks items if they are found on our blacklist. Between the two of them, nothing should ever execute on the computer without the user's knowledge or permission. You can right-click on the green shield icon in the lower right corner of the screen by the clock and either change the Protection Level to minimal to turn off Super Shield and just leave the Real Time protection running, or you can change to Advanced Mode and add the programs to your "Always Allow" list, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs.

... avoid foolish controversies and ... strife and disputes ..., for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9 NASB

#3 nrostgaard

nrostgaard

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

Thx for the answers, but I'm still a little confused. When I installed SuperShield I was prompted to uninstall RT. I guess I only have SuperShield now, or is RT included in the SuperShield install? About the protection level options: Off = no protection at all Minimal = only RT protection (as before SuperShield) SuperShield (recommended) = ?? SuperShieled + RT? SuperShield Advanced = ?? I cant se any difference when switching between recommended and advanced. Please put in some more detail.

#4 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

Yeah, it's pretty, but can it go fast?

• Admins
  • 20,120 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

SuperShield is a new free add-on to further enhance the computer's protection. It works in conjunction with the PC Matic Real Time component. SuperShield will block any program that is not on the "known good" white list. PC MaticRT blocks items if they are found on our blacklist. Between the two of them, nothing should ever execute on the computer without the user's knowledge or permission. You can right-click on the green shield icon in the lower right corner of the screen by the clock and either change the Protection Level to minimal to turn off Super Shield and just leave the Real Time protection running, or you can change to Advanced Mode and add the programs to your "Always Allow" list, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the "Always Block" list to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable. Please let us know if we can assist further.

... avoid foolish controversies and ... strife and disputes ..., for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9 NASB

#5 nrostgaard

nrostgaard

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

ok, thanks. I found out the difference between recommended and advanced, when I opened my Libre Office calc - it was blocked. Recommended blocks all programs not on your whitelist - no option to allow them even if I trust them and know they are safe. Advanced let me chose between allow and block. I'll go with advanced for now. :-) Just wondering why you don't warm us before realeasing updates like SuperShield. When I'm prompted to uninstall RT and install something called supershield, all my safety alarmclocks starts ringing.. I get realy nervous when something tries to install on my pc without any warning og description. No one ever told me SuperShield was from PC Pitstop - it might aswell have been a malicious program with bad intentions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users