Questions About Advanced System Care Pro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ohmygosh18

ohmygosh18

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

I'm thinking about purchasing this version but want to know if this program is worth it? Is there any other program that does similar functions that you guys like better?

#2 nigsy

nigsy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:33 AM

Personally, I would leave any product like this well alone. There are many free AV/antimalware and anti spyware programmes out there. Excellent free system cleaners (CCleaner is among the best). But as with all these things, they will edit your registry, which sometimes can do more harm than good and you could end up having to do a complete reinstall to clear up the mess that is cause by "Click here to fix registry errors". Is there a specific reason why you feel you neeed this programme? Maybe we can help you fix the root of the problem rather than firefight the symptoms? and :wp:

The South-West Will Rise Again

Mebyon Kernow - Voice Of Cornwall

#3 flyfishingrules2

flyfishingrules2

The great fish eat the small. A. Barclay 1509

• Advanced Member
  • 6,528 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:04 AM

I am a fan of ASC and have paid for a license, but to tell you the truth, off the top of my head, I can't tell you the difference from the free version. Use the freebie, and, of course, PCMatic (have a license too) from this site is a similar product. :)

"...to fish fine and far off is the first and principal rule for trout angling." ~Charles Cotton (around 1674)

#4 ohmygosh18

ohmygosh18

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

wel l'm getting a new laptop and want a program that can uninstall the even programs I don't want plus maintain my computer. Don't know which one to go with CCleaner or ASC?

#5 Andrew S.

Andrew S.

Colonial Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

PC Matic is probably as good as anything out there to keep your new pc maintained. Be careful uninstalling the supplied crapware - just make sure that first you know exactly what it all does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users