Ajax Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bob421

bob421

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:02 AM

PCMATIC stops mid scan. ERROR received " Ajax error returned: timeout SaveSpeedtests.asp". Resrating returns same error.

#2 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

Yeah, it's pretty, but can it go fast?

• Admins
  • 20,145 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

:wp: Most likely there is something local interfering with the data transfer. Try setting your firewall to allow www.pcpitstop.com. The corresponding IP is 64.29.201.21.

... avoid foolish controversies and ... strife and disputes ..., for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9 NASB

#3 StephenPEittreim

StephenPEittreim

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

I am getting same error while doing a scan, happens at different points in the scan. Per your suggestion, I shut off my firewall - same issue. I am scanning because this system has slow response on the internet, so it could be a timing issue with this PC... Steve

#4 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

• Admins
  • 20,145 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Timeout errors are a result of the program not being able to transfer the necessary data in the time alloted. The usual cause is a slow or inconsistent Internet connection. What is the rated/advertised speed for your Internet service and what is the measured speed from the bandwidth test found here: http://www.pcpitstop...internet/bw.asp ?

... avoid foolish controversies and ... strife and disputes ..., for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9 NASB

#5 StephenPEittreim

StephenPEittreim

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

It was a network issue. I was getting 8 MB to 20 MB download speeds and the upload test would fail to start. (speakeasy.net\speedtest) Once I shut down the server, rebooted the Comcast modem and routers the network issues resolved and this error went away. However I'm now getting a new error. When scanning (PC Matic) it will only complete the scan if I turn off the virus scan. Otherwise I get a PC Matic has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. error. Should I open this as a new issue? Steve

#6 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

• Admins
  • 20,145 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

Yes, please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information. You can open a ticket from here: http://www.pcpitstop...ore/service.asp Glad to hear you got the Ajax issue resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users