Test Boot Speed With Free Utility

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lizardo_manson

lizardo_manson

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

Do you think your laptop or computer is booting slow? try this program, it's free and with an easy interface. http://www.greatis.c...er/download.htm at the end of the test it will tell you if the time of the boot is OK.

#2 margit25

margit25

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

Thank you so much. A wonderful utility,

Margit from Australia

Do you think your laptop or computer is booting slow? try this program, it's free and with an easy interface.

http://www.greatis.c...er/download.htm

at the end of the test it will tell you if the time of the boot is OK.

#3 lizardo_manson

lizardo_manson

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:42 AM

Thank you so much. A wonderful utility,

Margit from Australia

you are welcome.

I did some minor tweaks like removing unused fonts (with caution) and then defragged the hard drive with Ultimate defrag, then it booted in some less time (Total Boot Time to Desktop:00:00:26 (26 seconds) ) when it was 35 secs.

Anyway it seems Windows 7 is faster booting than Windows XP, at least in my case with the same amount of data in both computers.

#4 flyfishingrules2

flyfishingrules2

The great fish eat the small. A. Barclay 1509

• Advanced Member
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

Nice utility! :tup: Mine said 77 seconds total. What do you think? Post times and ways to cut them down, please, if you have suggestions. Does the program do that? :)

Edited by flyfishingrules2, 05 August 2010 - 08:17 PM.

"...to fish fine and far off is the first and principal rule for trout angling." ~Charles Cotton (around 1674)

#5 lizardo_manson

lizardo_manson

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

Nice utility! :tup:

Mine said 77 seconds total. What do you think?

Post times and ways to cut them down, please, if you have suggestions. Does the program do that?

:)

If you are comfortable with changing "Services" you can change to manual non-essentials
ones and other network related (not the one to connect to internet) if you don't have a network or connect to one. I'll check for an application that do this easily.

Check with basic msconfig

in search bar or Run, type msconfig and go to Startup tab and uncheck programs or applications that you don't want them to load automatically when Windows starts.

Defragging your hard drive is very important too and scanning it for viruses and other pesky stuffs and to have at least 4GB of Ram. And advance step could be the deletion of non important Fonts which i did, but if you do it wrong some program may not load correctly so avoid it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users