Hdmi To Tv Won't Work

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Source04

Source04

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

I've recently purchased a DVI to HDMI cable in order to extend my display to my LCD TV. When I attempt to plug it in, with my computer turned off, and boot it up, my operating system won't load. It extends the display, but before it finishes loading, I see a flicker, and the display stays like that forever. When I attempt to plug the cable in with my computer on, everything freezes the second I plug the HDMI end into the TV. I suspect that this has something to do with my Catalyst settings. I've got an ASUS motherboard, and it comes with a browser you can use before booting up your OS. This browser extends beautifully onto my TV. It's when I boot up W7 that things begin to freeze. Does anyone have a suggestion I could attempt?

#2 Humbluemoon

Humbluemoon

Canuck

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

Does your current video driver support extending your display? Would you run a pittest and post a link to your results back in this thread?

#3 Source04

Source04

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

Does your current video driver support extending your display?
Would you run a pittest and post a link to your results
back in this thread?

I'm running the latest ATI Catalyst (10.6).
Here's a link to my test.

#4 RAH

RAH

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

Have you tried starting with just the TV? The output from the card might be wrong, causing an issue. Also, I know that back when, not all HDMI cables were compatible. Not sure if ATI has the 59 cycle problem of some Nvidia drivers. I'll think on it.

#5 Source04

Source04

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

Have you tried starting with just the TV?
The output from the card might be wrong, causing an issue.
Also, I know that back when, not all HDMI cables were compatible.
Not sure if ATI has the 59 cycle problem of some Nvidia drivers.

I'll think on it.

I've tried hooking it up straight to the television, and it still won't work. I'm beginning to wonder if the HDMI cable could be defunct.

#6 Humbluemoon

Humbluemoon

Canuck

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

I've tried hooking it up straight to the television, and it still won't work. I'm beginning to wonder if the HDMI cable could be defunct.

I doubt it...

This browser extends beautifully onto my TV. It's when I boot up W7 that things begin to freeze.

It works until your driver loads so I'd say it works.
Lets see what RAH comes up with.

#7 Source04

Source04

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:41 AM

I've just tried hooking up my laptop to the TV using the HDMI cable, and this setup works. I guess the problem must be found in my display settings. I'll try to play around with them some more to see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users