• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 smookedtrout

smookedtrout

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

I quickly realised while trying to show my grandmother how to use her new laptop that modern gadgets are far too complicated. Not everyone needs bells and whistles.There should be simple, cheap products out there which anyone can use !

#2 adam22

adam22

Open Your Mind

• Advanced Member
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

Step 1. Turn computer on Step 2. Log in Step 3. Click Internet Step 4. ??? Step 5. Profit

#3 smithmiller6

smithmiller6

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

I quickly realised while trying to show my grandmother how to use her new laptop that modern gadgets are far too complicated. Not everyone needs bells and whistles.There should be simple, cheap products out there which anyone can use !

Well, there's always netbooks. Some of the Linux -running ones are very straightforward to use, and don't have any complex hardware. But, yes, a lot of gadgets out there are kinda tricksy to set up and start using for some folk.

#4 adam22

adam22

Open Your Mind

• Advanced Member
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:04 PM

The hardware is all the same. Ok, not really, but from a user standpoint, they all function the same. It comes down to the OS. I personally find Ubuntu easier to use than Windows since there's a repository to get pretty much any software you need, so you don't have to search the web for an application. It's also not prone to malware like some other operating systems, meaning it would be hard to 'break' from that perspective.

#5 Bruce

Bruce

Geezer

• Grand Poobah
  • 42,506 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:46 AM

Toasters are too complicated for many people to use. Thus all the warning lables that are accompanied with them. ;)

http://itsyourpc.org

Microsoft blew its right foot off with Windows 8.
They went to the doctor to get it reattached with Windows 8.1 only to wake up to find out that a second left foot was attached in place.

#6 terry1966

terry1966

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 8,551 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:30 AM

anyone else think this is a new way of spamming? first start a topic then answer topic with different id but spam in sig? :b33r:

#7 radio

radio

Gator skins 4sale

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:43 AM

anyone else think this is a new way of spamming? first start a topic then answer topic with different id but spam in sig?

:b33r:

good call terry :b33r:

A+, Network+, Security+, and MCP certified

radiosplace.com - kreativekristie.com

#8 flyfishingrules2

flyfishingrules2

The great fish eat the small. A. Barclay 1509

• Advanced Member
  • 6,539 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

Most computer related stuff can be made as easy or challenging as you want. That's the fun. :) Dang it. I wanted to see the SPAM. I love SPAM! What? We can't SPAM in sigs? I thought that was allowed. kreativekristie.com? NSY?

Edited by flyfishingrules2, 23 February 2010 - 03:43 PM.

"...to fish fine and far off is the first and principal rule for trout angling." ~Charles Cotton (around 1674)

#9 Doug

Doug

Attitudes are contagious....... Is yours worth catching?

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 5,918 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

The 'ole tag-team spammer routine. :tup: Terry

Though we cannot change the direction of the wind,
We may adjust our sails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users