ARCSOFT CONNECT DEAMON!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 amason

amason

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:01 PM

My firewall keeps saying arcsoft connect deamon is trying to gain access to my computer. I always click deny. What is it and what should I do? Thanks

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,736 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:27 PM

What it is:
http://www.pcpitstop...Daemon.exe.html

Look at the products (tab) on this page and see if you have any of them installed
http://www.arcsoft.com/en-us/index.asp

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

#3 Doug

Doug

Attitudes are contagious....... Is yours worth catching?

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 5,918 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

Arcsoft is a media editing software. It may have been bundled with a camera, printer, or other peripheral device you have used. You may be able to prevent the annoyance of attempts to connect (probably trying to phone home to check for updates?) Go To: Start - Run - (type)msconfig - enter In the StarUp Tab, scroll for any items related to Arcsoft. Consider removing the checkmark/tick from in front of any such item(s) to disable it. select - Apply - then - Close and reboot. Give your machine a test drive for a few days. If the annoying alert has stopped, then good. But give all of your installed applications a test drive to see if they still function with Arcsoft disabled. Some might be dependent. Eventually, you may wish to consider uninstall of Arcsoft (your choice, if you didn't intend for it to be installed and you don't wish to use it.) If it got installed into C:\Program Files, you may be able to uninstall it via Control Panel - Add/Remove. If it is just laying there not active, you may find it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft I'm not sure this is a Tech Talk subject or not. I'll let it continue here, but may move it to U2U Forum if additional fix information is needed. Edit. Looks like Jacee beat me to it. :) Best Regards

Though we cannot change the direction of the wind,
We may adjust our sails.

#4 amason

amason

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

Arcsoft is a media editing software.
It may have been bundled with a camera, printer, or other peripheral device you have used.

You may be able to prevent the annoyance of attempts to connect (probably trying to phone home to check for updates?)

Go To:

Start - Run - (type)msconfig - enter

In the StarUp Tab, scroll for any items related to Arcsoft.
Consider removing the checkmark/tick from in front of any such item(s) to disable it.

select - Apply - then - Close and reboot.

Give your machine a test drive for a few days.
If the annoying alert has stopped, then good.
But give all of your installed applications a test drive to see if they still function with Arcsoft disabled.
Some might be dependent.

Eventually, you may wish to consider uninstall of Arcsoft (your choice, if you didn't intend for it to be installed and you don't wish to use it.)

If it got installed into C:\Program Files, you may be able to uninstall it via Control Panel - Add/Remove.

If it is just laying there not active, you may find it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft

I'm not sure this is a Tech Talk subject or not.
I'll let it continue here, but may move it to U2U Forum if additional fix information is needed.

Edit. Looks like Jacee beat me to it. :)

Best Regards

thanks for the replies.

have typed in msconfig and it says windows cannot find file? what can i do now?

#5 Doug

Doug

Attitudes are contagious....... Is yours worth catching?

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 5,918 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:43 PM

What operating system are you running. If XP, then msconfig should run for you. If Win2000, then there is no native System Configuration utility, but you can easily install it, by dropping the msconfig.exe file (from any XP machine) into your C:\winnt\system32 folder

Though we cannot change the direction of the wind,
We may adjust our sails.

#6 Joe C

Joe C

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:46 PM

if you are running 2000, you can use this
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

or put msconfig in the system 32 folder
http://www.techadvic...sconfig_w2k.htm

#7 janedoe61

janedoe61

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:50 PM

ArcSoft connect is running in my system tray, I can't click or right click the icon and get any kind of menu. It's not in add/remove programs (tried to uninstall Epson and it wouldn't let me. I can try again and post the error mssg if that would be helpful). I found the folder on my hard drive but saw nothing to indicate an uninstall wizard. Ran msconfig and found nothing as well. It was beeping, so I put in the CD for the printer and clicked "repair" and it stopped beeping, but the icon is still there and running in the background, I assume. I don't need it or want it, and I'm ticked that there's not an easy way to just get rid of it. I had the printer software on my computer before, but did a full reinstall and when I re-loaded it the 2nd time it showed up. I've read around and tried all the things people have suggested, to no avail. Any help on getting this annoying application off my computer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -

#8 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,736 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

Type services.msc in the 'run' box, press ok .... if you see it there, right click, choose properties then set it to disabled. Be sure to stop the service, too.

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

#9 Graeme

Graeme

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

I too found this annoying, especially with connect errors. It was installed automatically from my digital camera installation disk. After stopping the service "run-> services.msc->arcsoft->properties->disable and stop service", and removing it from the startup items "run->msconfig->startup" It did show up in Add Remove programs as "ArcSoft Meia Impressions" After removing it I deleted the ArcSoft folder which is located at:: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcSoft (Win7) C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft (WinXP) Then I manually searched the registry and deleted all occurances of ArcSoft I'll stick to Photoscape! It's free, better. faster and less annoying!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users