Computer immediately shuts down when windows is loading

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 intoxikated

intoxikated

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

Hello all, My computer has suddenly decided to crash upon loading windows, it also does this while trying to load safe mode. It did this last week and I was able to load safe mode and then load windows and I have left it on since. Today it just suddenly shut off while I was sitting and watching tv. Since then I have tried cleaning out the insides and fans, though they were running just fine, and run it again. It still shuts down immediately. As I cannot make a hijack this log or run any diagnostics I thought I'd jump on my roommates computer and ask you guys what you think it might be... Thanks, Kate

#2 Strong Rock

Strong Rock

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hi Kate, I think there is a device on your usb that make a conflict with Windows. When the software of the device are not compatible with the installed o.s., than you get in the most cases a message of signature false or whatever, sometimes you don't get a message and the computer will reboot without a command of you. That will be happen in safe mode too. Kate, I know how you must feeling but what I can say to you is: I unplug the devices of the usb's and see what will happen, works the pc just fine than I will plug in a device on the usb and I will see what happen, works the pc. still fine than I plug in the next device etc. When all devices work fine than there is another program that gives a conflict. If you know, program software or software of a device must compatible with Xp or Vista. I will believe that when you follow my suggestion, you find the problem of this. :geezer:

#3 intoxikated

intoxikated

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

I tried unplugging all of the USB components and windows loaded, while waiting for the items in the taskbar to finish loading it shut down again. I'm thinking that this may be a corrupted OS or a broken hard drive. I have been running this OS for way too long so I'm going to go grab a new hard drive and install a fresh copy of windows on it so I don't lose my old files on my existing one.

#4 flyfishingrules2

flyfishingrules2

The great fish eat the small. A. Barclay 1509

• Advanced Member
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:40 PM

1. Bad PSU--power supply died or is dying--replace. 2. Heat issue: a. thermal goop dried up--replace b. possible cpu fan no longer cools c. dust bunnies everywhere--when is the last time you cleaned case, heat sink, etc.? :)

"...to fish fine and far off is the first and principal rule for trout angling." ~Charles Cotton (around 1674)

#5 intoxikated

intoxikated

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

So I unplugged all of the USB cords and then loaded windows and exited all of the items on startup. It works now, as long as I run Google Chrome instead of Firefox, Firefox immediately makes it shut down...

All fans are running perfectly and I also cleaned the heat sink and fans so they are all dust bunny free. It is possible it's the power supply, it's rather ancient I think, and the thermal goo is possible too.

Does anyone know of a place I can get a good program to see if my CPU is overheating?

Also, I posted a Hijack This log now just in case.

http://forums.pcpits...howtopic=172917

#6 intoxikated

intoxikated

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:56 PM

One new thing: The event viewer shows this error repeatedly today - Windows cannot query DIIName registry entry for {-insert registry number here-} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

#7 Strong Rock

Strong Rock

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

You have place a Hijackthis log, that is smart kate.
It is important too, that you clean the registry with CCleaner.

I give you the link;

http://www.filehippo...load_ccleaner/#

When the registry is dirty than you get problems too.
It is also important, that you defrag the hd., when the files fragged than you get problems too.
You told that you have unplug the Usb-cords and Windows will work again and after this, you got problem again, further you told, that you think that your hd. is broken, could be, could be, but my dear lady, it is wise when you download and install the program for your registry and run the program.
I think at this moment, your o.s. and hd. is not broken, nope you have a problem with the Windows registry.

How does the program work? Well, that's not difficult, when you run the program after the installation than you'll see. It is peace of cake.
Are there still problems with your o.s. when you have clean the registry, than I will say, it is maybe the drive.
When you work in Windows, what is the temp. of your processor.
When I work in Windows and run a program than the temp. of my processor is 60 degrees and when I reboot my pc. and I go to the bios, than the temp of the processor of my computer is 53 degrees, that is not good, I know, but the icons in the tray will be loaded. But when the temp. is for example 75 degrees in Windows and there are no programs that run, yeah than I am in worry and shut off the machine and plug a new processor in my mobo.
There is one thing about the processor what I can tell, when the processor is too hot, than the pc. will not working. With hot I mean really really hot.
:geezer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users