• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 luvpats

luvpats

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:31 AM

I get this error message a lot on my web pages although the web pages come out fine when displayed. I am pretty sure it is an ActiveX issue. Can this be fixed via group policy? Please advise. Thank you.

#2 Anoobi

Anoobi

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

To me it sounds like the security settings for the web browser are preventing a certain script (possibly Active X) from running when the website loads. Turn down the security settings incrementally (or just set to defaults, clear all cookies, and delete all temporary internet files) until the page loads correctly. Hope that helps.

Edited by Anoobi, 21 July 2009 - 02:38 PM.

#3 luvpats

luvpats

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

Is there a way to adjust the settings via Group Policy as I am unable to change the settings via the Tools-Internet Options as everything is greyed out and I don't know how to change them via Group Policy. I do know the settings are adjusted for default right now but if I need to change them I have to do so via Group Policy. Thank you for any assistance.

#4 Juggernuts

Juggernuts

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

Just out of curiousity, is this for a network? Just wondering because of the talk about GPO's and such. and if you're running a server enviroment the steps are different if I remember correctly.

#5 luvpats

luvpats

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

I am running IE8 and have group policy installed. The security settings feature is greyed out and I need to utilize group policy gpedit to activate it I just don't know how to do that. I can't adjust anything without going into group policy. If anyone can advise thank you!

#6 Anoobi

Anoobi

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

I am running IE8 and have group policy installed. The security settings feature is greyed out and I need to utilize group policy gpedit to activate it I just don't know how to do that. I can't adjust anything without going into group policy.

If anyone can advise thank you!

It sounds like you're on a private network with group policy settings INTENDED to keep you off certain websites.

Contact the system administrator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users