• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dragonlady

dragonlady

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

I actually have 2 questions as you can probably see. Will foxit notify if there are any updates, and if not where would i go to find out? Although I do not have Adobe reader, do I still need adobe flash player? Thanks as usual. Char :)

#2 stormy13

stormy13

Woof!

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 10,327 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

Yes Foxit will. You can change it by clicking on Help-Check for Updates Now-Preferences; and set it to weekly, monthly or off. Nice part is that it only checks for updates when Foxit is actually open, and not a process that runs all the time. As for Flash and Reader, you don't need Reader to have/use Flash. You will want flash though for things like Youtube, etc.

MS - MVP Windows Expert-Consumer 2010 - 2012

#3 dragonlady

dragonlady

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

[quote name='dragonlady' date='5:03pm Sun Jul 12 2009' post='1608764']
I actually have 2 questions as you can probably see. Will foxit notify if there are any updates, and if not where would i go to find out? Although I do not have Adobe reader, do I still need adobe flash player? Thanks as usual.
Char :)
[/quote

I checked foxit and there are a bunch of things under service module and 1 under reader update. I really don't use this for anything but know I need it, so I'm assuming that I should go under reader update and update what is there. Is this right?

#4 dragonlady

dragonlady

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

Yes Foxit will. You can change it by clicking on Help-Check for Updates Now-Preferences; and set it to weekly, monthly or off. Nice part is that it only checks for updates when Foxit is actually open, and not a process that runs all the time.

As for Flash and Reader, you don't need Reader to have/use Flash. You will want flash though for things like Youtube, etc.

So I will need adobe flash even though I don't have reader, right?

Thank you for the reply stormy.

Char

#5 stormy13

stormy13

Woof!

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 10,327 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

I checked foxit and there are a bunch of things under service module and 1 under reader update

The Reader update is the main program update, the rest under Service module are extras. If you click on each one it give a brief description of them, and you can decide whether you want/need them from there.

So I will need adobe flash even though I don't have reader, right?

Flash and Reader have nothing to do with each other, and are stand-alone applications. You don't need Flash to use Reader, and you don't need reader to use Flash. You do need flash if you go to sites like Youtube though (same as you need Java for sites like pogo.com).

MS - MVP Windows Expert-Consumer 2010 - 2012

#6 dragonlady

dragonlady

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

Thank you again stormy, think I finally have it.... :blushing: Char

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users