Gateway laptop power/battery problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

This is a gateway laptop model M685-E with vista Business on it. Problem is it works find as long as you have the ac adapter plug in. When you unplug the adapter it will not do anything. i bought a new battery. Thanks for any reply.

#2 thehulk18

thehulk18

thehulk18

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:15 PM

Seems like it is not charging the battery. Is it the original Gateway AC Adapter, 90W? If less than 90W it most likely will not charge the battery. Or it could be the battery controller circuitry is bad.
"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The United States Armed Forces don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan

"Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile can respond with a great deal of pride, "I served in the United States Navy." - - John F. Kennedy

#3 Steve

Steve

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

it charges at 19 volts and it is the one that came with laptop. This battery controller circuitry is it easy to fix?? When I move over power icon in task bar it says plugged in, not charging but it should be.

Edited by Steve, 30 June 2009 - 08:15 PM.

#4 thehulk18

thehulk18

thehulk18

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:22 AM

Depending on the model laptop, the controller could be a seperate small board, or on the mobo..which sucks. Did you test at the tip of the adapter for 19V ?
"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The United States Armed Forces don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan

"Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile can respond with a great deal of pride, "I served in the United States Navy." - - John F. Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users