• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dragonlady

dragonlady

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

I have windows xp sp2. Verizon just automatically installed this wizard on my computer, They have a bad habit of doing that... :pullhair: I do not have fios and wonder why I would need this to begin with. Can I remove it from add/remove program without causing a problem? Computer was fine before the automatic download. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

#2 Bruce

Bruce

Geezer

• Grand Poobah
  • 42,521 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

You can remove all their software from your computer. It never needed to be installed and should never have been installed in the first place. You allowed the software to be installed in the first place. They can't just install things on your computer unless you allowed it.

http://itsyourpc.org

Microsoft blew its right foot off with Windows 8.
They went to the doctor to get it reattached with Windows 8.1 only to wake up to find out that a second left foot was attached in place.

#3 dragonlady

dragonlady

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:17 AM

You can remove all their software from your computer. It never needed to be installed and should never have been installed in the first place.

You allowed the software to be installed in the first place. They can't just install things on your computer unless you allowed it.

Thanks Bruce! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users