Event ID: 7026
Date: 6/26/2009
Time: 7:22:41 AM
User: N/A
Computer: YOUR-4DACD0EA75
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
StarOpen

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Does anyone know why this would show up?

#2 badbinary

badbinary

the dude abides

• The SWAT Team
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:14 AM

because staropen failed to load when you booted up the computer at 7:22 am on 6/26/2009.

"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"

#3 moonwolf

moonwolf

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:37 PM

O.K. Glad to see that. Very observant there, Bad-B. You get a gold star. Now, can anyone else tell me what StarOpen is or what it relates too? I don't have any programs by that name, and I can't find a driver for it in the device manager.

#4 badbinary

badbinary

the dude abides

• The SWAT Team
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:57 PM

my favorite line from interview with the vampire

you ask the wrong questions

anyhow...did this error only happen once? if you reboot again and check the viewer, is it there again? if so, have you recently installed/uninstalled any software or hardware?

do you use any of these software programs?
http://www.tallemu.c...n_software/2180

Edited by badbinary, 26 June 2009 - 02:02 PM.

"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"

#5 Andrew S.

Andrew S.

Colonial Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

I dont think anyone fully understands Event Viewer. I have a 1021 Disc Error which I tried to investigate. One forum had nearly 30 pages on it and still no one has a real clue about how to prevent it appearing. I also get a 1041 application error and yet everything loads and works perfectly. Go figure.

#6 Kennrth

Kennrth

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:06 AM

I have this error showing in the event viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026
Date: 6/26/2009
Time: 7:22:41 AM
User: N/A
Computer: YOUR-4DACD0EA75
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
StarOpen

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.
Does anyone know why this would show up?

I have been troubleshootong this problem for a while. I see it alot in peoples event viewer. I found StarOpen in the registry with no file association which is frustrating but had samsung listed there. I managed to scan my hard drive and found some remnants of Samsung software on my hard drive as well.
In my case I had samsung PC studio on my hard drive in the past. And I also have Sandisk software including Sandisk Intervideo WinCinema Manager on my hard drive now.
When I Uninstalled Samsung PC studio in the past it took out StarOpen driver. Sandisk was trying to load the driver but nothing was there. Hence Event error for StarOpen.
So I downloaded Samsung Pc Studio 3 and installed it and Event ID is for failure to loaded driver StarOpen is gone. It loads in the driver during install.
Your problem may be a bit different. But the solution is the same.
Download Samsung Pc Studio 3 (which is free) and it will install the driver your other software needs.
Or remove all programs that are sandisk or samsung - they need StarOpen to work. So the driver will not be called to load.
I hope when I uninstall samsung or sandisk they won't take out Fastopen again or give you an option not to remove drivers during uninstall. Or it will show up again.

You can Down load it here at this web site for free. !! Be careful- click on the blue icon with the download down arrow part of the icon. The other "Free Download" in your face is for their usb driver.

http://www.softpedia...PC-Studio.shtml

Another Mystery Solved.

Edited by Kennrth, 21 November 2009 - 03:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users