Boot problems after del index.dat /s command

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Angelina

Angelina

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:57 AM

My test results recommended that I do the command of "del index.dat /s" (without the quotes) in safe mode command prompt which I did and then, the next time I booted up my PC, it took forever to load. Before I could even access the task manager to see what was going on, it was about 3 minutes. And then, it took another 10 minutes to load the processes but not all of them loaded. That (del index.dat /s) was the only change I did to my PC before this happened. I rebooted 3 times and the same thing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by Angelina, 01 March 2009 - 05:57 AM.

#2 Angelina

Angelina

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:21 AM

My test results recommended that I do the command of "del index.dat /s" (without the quotes) in safe mode command prompt which I did and then, the next time I booted up my PC, it took forever to load. Before I could even access the task manager to see what was going on, it was about 3 minutes. And then, it took another 10 minutes to load the processes but not all of them loaded. That (del index.dat /s) was the only change I did to my PC before this happened. I rebooted 3 times and the same thing. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Nevermind. :mrgreen: It was anAvast RPC error just happening to malfunction at the same time.

#3 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

Yeah, it's pretty, but can it go fast?

• Admins
  • 20,191 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:09 AM

:wp: Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

... avoid foolish controversies and ... strife and disputes ..., for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9 NASB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users