• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 morbidbutterfly

morbidbutterfly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 644 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

1. Unfold a paperclip until there is at least 1 to 2 inches that is perfectly straight. 2. Look closely at your CD or DVD drive. Directly under or above the drive bay door (the part that "ejects" the CD or DVD) there should be a very small pinhole. 3. Insert the paperclip into the pinhole. Directly behind the pinhole is a small gear that when rotated will manually open the drive. 4. Retract and reinsert the paperclip as often as needed to eject the drive bay enough to grab a hold of it. 5. Slowly pull on the drive bay until it's fully retracted. Take care not to continue to pull when you feel resistance. 6. Remove the CD or DVD from the drive. 7. Slowly push the drive bay back into the drive until closed or press the open/close button if the drive is still working.

#2 thekid963

thekid963

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:25 AM

I am sure everybody knows this so call "trick". Nothing new, it is one of the first things you learn about your pc. $100 bucks for that tip? Highway robbery but good for you.

Edited by thekid963, 31 October 2008 - 11:25 AM.

#3 el kido

el kido

yes!

• Advanced Member
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

I am sure everybody knows this so call "trick". Nothing new, it is one of the first things you learn about your pc. $100 bucks for that tip? Highway robbery but good for you.

1 Post and this is what you say?

To be honest, I knew about this but never thought it was good for the gears. Im sure people didnt know about this either. Please respect what the guy has to say. This way you will get respect back at you.

:)

CPU---------------Intel I7 2600k @ 4.4ghz daily Case--------------Xigmatek Elysium HD----------------G. Skill Nuetron GTX 240gb SSD GPU--------------Nvidia GTX 680 PSU---------------Corsair TX750
Motherboard-----EVGA P67 FTW RAM--------------8GB G. Skill Ripjaw X DDR3 @ 2133 Cooling----------EK Supreme HF, MCR320, MCP355 with top.

#4 mtnheart7

mtnheart7

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:02 PM

Wow. That was mean. And no, not everyone knows about this. I certainly never did until recently when my drive suddenly wouldn't open after years without any trouble. People come to this site because we need help or are kind enough to offer it. We are professionals, newbies, technicians, grandparents with our first computers, disabled, young mothers, and everything in between. You might want to try taking a Humility pill, Kid.

Morbidbutterfly.... thanks for sharing. I'd only add that people should make sure they turn their computers off before prodding around with metal. :)

#5 pcexpertq8

pcexpertq8

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

thak you i knew it before,, but i have to say thank you for your post. good luck

#6 morbidbutterfly

morbidbutterfly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:57 AM

thak you
i knew it before,, but i have to say thank you for your post.
good luck

You're very welcome and thank you.

#7 tyler811

tyler811

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

Many people that I help with in forums do not know this. Instead of being critical of someone else. Try help out the people here if you know so much.

#8 Augusto

Augusto

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

a LOT of people do NOT know about this. This is one that things that you supposed to know, but, not everyone knows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users