Photo

Why do Youtube videos keep stopping and starting?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 celineg

celineg

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

Hi - I never used to have this problem but recently, when I view Youtube videos, they keep stopping and starting, so much so that it takes about 5 mins to actually view a 30 second video! Any videos or avi files I have on my Pc open and run smoothly with my video viewing applications (ie Windows Media Player, QuickTime etc). Do I need to adjust settings somewhere to make the Youtube vids play smoothly? Thanks.

#2 brandon

brandon

O RLY?

• Advanced Member
  • 20,006 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

That has happened to me quite a few times, and I found that refreshing the page solved the problem. And if that didn't help, reinstalling flash sure did. What browser do you experience that problem in?

#3 duanester

duanester

OpenSuSe Movement

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 21,446 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

answer this question, does the play time exceed the download time ? if so either youtube is having bandwidth issues or theres something wrong with your connection to the net.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth !!
Join the next generation of computing, Open Source, and Linux/GNU!
"nvidia license taints kernel"

#4 EclipseWebJS2

EclipseWebJS2

BOOST POWER!

• Advanced Member
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:24 PM

What's your connection speed? You need 384 Kbps or greater to view video smoothly...

Sometimes it's their servers causing problems because they can't transmit data fast enough.

EclipseWebJS2 } Save the Internet | OpenDNSMove, schnell! }

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users