Internet Explorer Sound Not Working

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 lou2134

lou2134

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

Ok, I have been to youtube.com, yahoo.com and multiple news websites and none of the sounds are working on here. I am able to listen to music on my computer and also I can hear games when playing such as Spider Solitaire, and pinball. I have tried both Internet Explorer and Firefox but neither websites produce sounds. Anyone know a quick fix for this? Thanks a BUNCH!

#2 mme

mme

HOMELAND SECURITY. Fighting Terrorism Since 1492

• Advanced Member
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

start/control panel/internet options/advanced tab/scroll to mutimedia/put check in enable web sounds/click apply/ok/ok to close

#3 mme

mme

• Advanced Member
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

start/control panel/internet options/advanced tab/scroll to mutimedia/put check in enable web sounds/click apply/ok/ok to close

#4 lou2134

lou2134

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

It was checked...Unchecked it then rechecked it and still nothing.....Thanks for the reply though

#5 mme

mme

• Advanced Member
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

how are you connecting to the internet
dialup
broadband
cable
dialup usually causes something like this
did these programs work before
like youtobe or news
are you up to date with java

http://filehippo.com...d_java_runtime/

#6 lou2134

lou2134

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

how are you connecting to the internet
dialup
broadband
cable
dialup usually causes something like this
did these programs work before
like youtobe or news
are you up to date with java

http://filehippo.com...d_java_runtime/

connected through cable, yes they did work this started 3 days ago I believe...I am downloading Java again and hopefully that will take care of the problem but I do believe I have the most up to date version

#7 mme

mme

• Advanced Member
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

update your sound drivers and if it continues not to work
try a system restore ...go back a few days when it was working
copy and paste this in your run command

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

start/run/ C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe /click ok

click next when system restore opens ....choose a restore point in bold/click next and follow the prompts

Edited by mme, 04 March 2008 - 07:29 PM.

#8 lou2134

lou2134

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:11 AM

update your sound drivers and if it continues not to work
try a system restore ...go back a few days when it was working
copy and paste this in your run command

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

start/run/ C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe /click ok

click next when system restore opens ....choose a restore point in bold/click next and follow the prompts

ok I have tried pretty much everything....even tried to re-install IE7 and still no sound! Just doesnt make since since I can hear sound fine from a DVD but not the internet....Also have tried to restore but it will not complete. I dont know maybe someone will know whats going on and can help me. Thanks a bunch guys! This no sound is killing me lol never thought I would miss it this much ya know!

#9 mme

mme

• Advanced Member
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:26 AM

did you open sounds and audio devices sounds tab drop menu sounds default click ok check services in control panel under adminstrative tools see if windows sounds started and check msconfig services tab see if windows audio is running start/run/msconfig/click ok>>services tab>>windows audio

#10 RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:25 AM

I don't generally start looking at Windows processes with these issues. More often than not this ends up being a driver/hardware related issue. Is your sound provided by an on-board chip or an actual pci-based sound card? Regardless of which, what make/model/brand of motherboard do you have? Or make/model/brand computer, if something like a Dell/IBM/HP that tend to be extremely proprietery with their drivers.

#11 lou2134

lou2134

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

did you open sounds and audio devices
sounds tab
drop menu
sounds default
click ok

check services in control panel under adminstrative tools
see if windows sounds started
and check msconfig services tab see if windows audio is running
start/run/msconfig/click ok>>services tab>>windows audio

yup have gone to that also....windows audio says it is running. Any idea why the sound for cds and music work on here but then the internet sound doesnt work? Ahh so frustrating

#12 lou2134

lou2134

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

I don't generally start looking at Windows processes with these issues. More often than not this ends up being a driver/hardware related issue.

Is your sound provided by an on-board chip or an actual pci-based sound card? Regardless of which, what make/model/brand of motherboard do you have? Or make/model/brand computer, if something like a Dell/IBM/HP that tend to be extremely proprietery with their drivers.

its provided by an on-board chip....I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4054....I have gone to the toshiba website to try and re-install the drivers but still nothing....Dang I need the internet sound lol im freaking out without the youtube business and my music videos! Thanks a bunch for for scraching the old brain...i know this is a tough one

#13 lou2134

lou2134

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

anybody know a fix for this...again its only the internet that does not have sound the rest of the computer has sound.....

#14 mme

mme

• Advanced Member
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

lets back up abit what kinda internet sounds are you reffering too pop up sounds media player radio stations clicks bleeps what is there a website site you go to that has sounds your not getting

#15 lou2134

lou2134

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

lets back up abit
what kinda internet sounds are you reffering too
pop up sounds
media player
radio stations
clicks
bleeps what
is there a website site you go to that has sounds your not getting

all of them...im not getting anything from any website or any kind of sounds....now saying that i can go into nba open it up and am able to listen to a game on the radio which is powered by Windows Media player though....thanks for trying to help me out so much, you still havent given up!

#16 mme

mme

• Advanced Member
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:32 AM

take a look at this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307918

#17 lou2134

lou2134

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:27 AM

Good news guys I finally narrowed the problem down...it was a map i was missing in the registry and had to put a new map in and put in the data. Really wasnt that hard after all just took some digging. Ya, I know can here youtube and other sites, this is a great thing lol. If anyone seems to be having these problems like I was experiencing please let me know and I will be more than happy to help you out! Thanks to everyone who helped me!

#18 lopanda

lopanda

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

Good news guys I finally narrowed the problem down...it was a map i was missing in the registry and had to put a new map in and put in the data. Really wasnt that hard after all just took some digging. Ya, I know can here youtube and other sites, this is a great thing lol. If anyone seems to be having these problems like I was experiencing please let me know and I will be more than happy to help you out! Thanks to everyone who helped me!

ok i HAD the same problem.... but then when i went to AIM mail it played the "youve got mail" thing and my sound works again. this is about the 3rd time its done this, so for future referenece, how did you do it?

#19 cubbies_7899

cubbies_7899

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:53 AM

ok i HAD the same problem.... but then when i went to AIM mail it played the "youve got mail" thing and my sound works again. this is about the 3rd time its done this, so for future referenece, how did you do it?

hi if you could help me the same situation is happening to my computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users