Uniblue-Speed up my computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mila6062

mila6062

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:25 AM

Does anyone know how I can completely uninstall this crap from my computer? :hammer: Their website states, "To remove any software, you normally go to Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs and go through the uninstall wizard. The existing system does not always remove all remnants of these programs, but leaves fragments behind. These can cause problems of system slowdown, freeze and, in extreme cases even a crash.This module lets you uninstall the software easily and completely by removing it from the system as well as from the Add/Remove Programs of Control Panel. It also displays a list of software installed on the system." When I go to their page to uninstall...I click on uninstall and nothing happens. Do you think it's truly harmful to remove the program from my control panel? Thanks.

#2 mel8again

mel8again

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

Does anyone know how I can completely uninstall this crap from my computer? :hammer:

Their website states, "To remove any software, you normally go to Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs and go through the uninstall wizard. The existing system does not always remove all remnants of these programs, but leaves fragments behind. These can cause problems of system slowdown, freeze and, in extreme cases even a crash.This module lets you uninstall the software easily and completely by removing it from the system as well as from the Add/Remove Programs of Control Panel. It also displays a list of software installed on the system."

When I go to their page to uninstall...I click on uninstall and nothing happens.

Do you think it's truly harmful to remove the program from my control panel?

Thanks.

The problem is the program is still running in the system tray. You can't uninstall a program while it is running. Right click on the icon in the system tray by the clock and select exit from the menu. See this link for info. http://www.pcmech.co...gistry-booster/
Intel i5 2500 @ 3.3GHz with 16 GB DDR3 ram on BioStar TZ68K
2 120 GB SATA3 SSD + 500 GB SATA HD
EVGA 550 ti super clocked video card

#3 mila6062

mila6062

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:37 PM

The problem is the program is still running in the system tray. You can't uninstall a program while it is running. Right click on the icon in the system tray by the clock and select exit from the menu. See this link for info. http://www.pcmech.co...gistry-booster/

Thanks for the info on Uniblue.

I closed it in the system tray and STILL can't uninstall the program! Any suggestions?

#4 Lou

Lou

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

Reboot hit F8 - select safe mode - Start - Settings - Contol Panel - Add/Remove Programs.

#5 mila6062

mila6062

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:23 AM

Reboot hit F8 - select safe mode - Start - Settings - Contol Panel - Add/Remove Programs.

Problem solved. Thanks a million. :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users